𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

All of a sudden, Rasmei kept working till late at night once again. Norm was gone, Jake was elsewhere in his place and even Max was going back for the rest of the night. Grace walked into the room just to get a few looks from the report and eyes landing on a figure of a brunette head laid flat with face down on the book on the desk.

Grace shook her head before slowly approaching her student. Gently, she moved Rasmei over to a comfortable position while she grunted with the movement she moved.

''You're literally a baby, come and sleep comfortably.'' Grace rumbling in her throat. The older woman moved carefully, making sure not to hurt the younger captain. She helped Rasmei take off her jacket, leaving her in a comfortable tank while hopefully Grace would also have to spend time sleeping in the lab too with her. She used Rasmei's jacket to fold into a thick bun before placing it under the Captain's head.

Rasmei Chan was selected for the project by Grace Agustine herself. She recognized Rasmei's greatest potential as a young Captain and as someone who developed an interest in science and culture. Grace got the news about her brother, Many, the one loyally Commander who put his life on the line to serve as a fighter pilot. Tragically leaving his younger sister behind that led to Rasmei to decide to walk on the same path as her brother.

The family origin came from Cambodia, but they grew up in the US. Father also a flight man, a high rank chief, was killed in action by the time and their mother died with cancer three years later while Many was 12 and Rasmei only was 10. 

Rasmei was the only younger woman who became a Captain at the age of 24. If someone in her family were still alive, Grace knew that they would be proud of their only daughter. The chance that Grace gave to Rasmei, it was just like another dream of this young Navy Captain.

It was like no one that Grace ever saw, Rasmei was so energetic on what she liked to do. Rasmei (Reak-ss-mei) was a Cambodian name, meant 'brightful' and it did fit this girl. Until last year she found out that Rasmei's health had suddenly dropped to find out that she carried a cancer cell that was now developing into a terminal one.

No cure, only letting fate be. And Rasmei couldn't do anything about it either even if it was a little upset, but that was how her life was. Brother's dead, mother's dead, father's dead. She got no one else if it weren't for the friends she was with right now.

Grace grew her worriedness toward the younger woman, to check on her every time as if she took her medical care at the right time. She observed Rasmei's skin become whiter and more exhausted as her hair shrank from long to short. Although Rasmei was not permitted to fly the planes there once more, Grace urged her to take part in the current project. Rasmei's avatar was made in the order from Grace so that Rasmei may live her life to the fullest while utilizing her expertise to look for novel items and working in the lab to divert her attention from the fact that her life existence was about to come to an end. Grace wished for her to appreciate the life she had.