So by the last week of December, Sirius Black had been voted in by the public by a landslide, easily outstripping Amos Diggory. In the Wizengamot, Sirius was favoured by different people for different reasons.

The traditionalists might be somewhat under control, but they wanted a pureblood on the Minister's seat and Sirius was qualified. He was from one of the oldest pureblood families in Europe, so it certainly helped. He was also married to another powerful pureblood witch. Even though Amelia Black was hated and feared at the same time, her power in the Ministry of Magic was undeniable. The icing on the cake was that Sirius Black hated Albus Dumbledore. An enemy's enemy was your friend, and this certainly applied to the traditionalists.

The centrists would go with the popular vote and they usually sided with the one who had the best chance to win. It did help matters that Sirius' policies were centric, increasing their potential power block. The liberals, while under the control of Albus Dumbledore, were drawn to the fact that Sirius was Harry Potter's godfather. The man was also Regent Gryffindor and that was certainly very attractive. This had the light faction divided, which was exactly what Sirius wanted. Amos Diggory really did not stand a chance.

"The sheets of parchment in front of you should provide the names of the final candidates," said Chief Warlock Dumbledore. "You may enter your votes."

As soon as the members chose their candidate with a tap of their wands, the enchanted sheets of parchment magically vanished. Five minutes later, they were all done and the tally had been reached.

Dumbledore forced a smile on his face. "The election process is now complete. By an overwhelming majority by both the public as well as the Wizengamot, the new Minister of Magic of Magical Britain and Ireland is Lord Sirius Black!"

Thunderous applause greeted him as Sirius ascended to his seat to the left of the Chief Warlock. He smiled widely at them and he saw a young boy with distinguishing green eyes in the seats meant for the public wink at him.

Minister Black winked back at his godson. Their mission was a success.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

A teenage boy was sitting on a swirl chair behind an ornate desk in his study, looking out of the floor to ceiling windows. A bejewelled diadem was sitting on top of his head as he occasionally closed and opened his eyes.

The election for the Minister of Magic had gone very well. Sure, there had been bumps along the way and they had wondered if they could succeed, but it had worked. Owning the Magical Daily had certainly helped. Harry's anger at Albus Dumbledore increased when he remembered everything the old man had done to prevent Sirius from becoming Minister. Dumbledore really was an outstanding politician but the problem was that he expected everyone to behave the same way. In the political sphere, two people may be opponents, stabbing each other in the back one day, but they may become the greatest allies a month later. Dumbledore obviously thought Harry would do the same.

Wrong. Harry would never forget. He couldn't describe the number of problems Dumbledore had caused Sirius over the past two months. The aged mage was also responsible for Sirius' incarceration, him being abandoned at the Dursleys and Harry was pretty sure there was something shady about his parents' going under the Fidelius Charm as well. Even the prophecy brought about warning bells. He made a note to hear the entire contents of the prophecy sometime. He had wanted to go during the summer, but with everything that had happened, he had been too busy.

What were those escaped Death Eaters after? Were they trying to bring Voldemort back? How did they know that he was alive in the first place? Nobody knew about Voldemort's Horcruxes, right? That's what the Dark Lord thought anyway. He didn't know that Harry now had a lot of information about that.