I smirk and he rolls his eyes upon recognition. "Sure, let's go with that."

"You know you won't like it." He mumbles, shooting me the tiniest of smiles.

"Who says I won't?" I pout.

"Me," He raises his chin, sticking his tongue out at me before turning to make whatever concoction he has up his sleeve.

I watch him assemble my drink, making my way over to the counter. Headband lady orders with a sappy smile stretched across her features. George blushes furiously at something she says to him and I cock my head curiously, shooting him a questioning look as he comes over to deliver my drink.

"Order 73." George says, flicking his eyes up to mine. He leans over and presses a gentle kiss on my lips, fluttering his eyelashes to push my coffee into my chest. I struggle to find words as he walks away to grab the next order, my fingers loosely holding the warm cup.

"I better be the only one getting that treatment!" I call after him, admiring his cheeks blossoming with a cherry pink.

"Shut up idiot," He shouts back, apologizing to the man who raises an eyebrow at him.

I return back to my spot, listening to the chatter of the cafe get louder with the sun's ascent into the sky. I type out an angry rant at Techno who gave me a fucking heart attack, claiming the stock market had crashed and they were out of business, before typing out a simple jk while I frantically searched the web.

Thanks to that, the shift passes pretty quickly. Emily leaves as soon as it ends, and George assures her he'll stay until Karl gets there. I watch him look over occasionally and duck his head back down, the tip of a pencil just visible over the counter top.

It's only when the stream of customers die down that Karl comes strolling in with that same giddily happy grin that had only gotten wider since he started dating Sapnap. Not that it surprises me. My best friend is great. He runs over to embrace George when he sees him, and I realize we really haven't been socializing that much with our friends. That's going to change after tonight I hope.

George points over to me and Karl follows his finger, sending me a cheerful smile and a little wave. I smile back, watching them settle back behind the counter. Karl looks down at the counter, and a soft grin pops up on his face. Dark hair falls into his face as George snorts, looking away. Alright, now I'm really curious.

The wait isn't long. George helps Karl clean up before heading to the back. The pretty gold strings of a sage-colored gift bag are twirling around his fingers, a comical smile rising up to shine in his eyes. I watch him make his way over to me, placing my phone down.

"George–"

"Before you say your little monologue to quit getting you gifts, open it." He interupts, looking over at Karl before sitting down on the seat in front of me.

I take the yellow crinkle paper out, trying to keep the humor off my face. Well, at least the bag is green. He's one of two. It's placed aside to reveal a shiny plastic cover, and before I even lift it up, I know exactly what it is.

"You're kidding," I mumble, bright-red with a painful smile. He just bursts out into laughter as I lift out a plain white dress shirt from the bag, looking at him with the most deadpanned stare I can muster. "I hate you so much."

"That's not what you said yesterday Dweam," He coos. Before I can reply, I look closer at the shirt, only to find, it's the exact same one. How in the hell did he know– "I asked René if she had any white dress shirts that were worth 1285 dollars when we were looking at dresses for Taylor. I paid her in cash and she sent it to our mailbox." He explains.