𝟜𝟘

i'm itching to do an enemies to lovers swim team AU after this...hmm what do you guys think?

Also, if you've got any AUs you want to see, feel free to DM me ;)

//

𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒫𝒪𝒱

My alarm goes off, and for once I wake up with it, hurriedly shutting it off. I peek up at Dream who had frowned with the tiresome sound, but his features quickly smoothened out, to my surprise. He's quite a light sleeper. Maybe he's in a food coma.

I wiggle out of his grasp slowly, frowning. He's been sleeping sitting up? I sigh, shaking his shoulder. "Dream," I whisper. He hums, eyes still closed. "Dream, you can't sleep like that." I insist.

He doesn't answer, turning his head with another hum. So I relent, pushing his shoulders down to slide him into the covers. Of course, the idiot can't make anything easy on me and ragdolls onto my thigh, his eyes barely open as he looks up at me.

"Go back to sleep." I mumble, threading my hands into his hair.

Dream only has to leave at 8:30 today, there's no need for him to wake up just because I want to go in early to meet some of my new colleagues before the day starts. His eyes flutter shut again, drifting off as I play with his curls, smoothing out the morning frizz idly. When I'm sure he's asleep, I shift him off my lap, pulling the covers over his shoulders.

The cold shower shocks me awake, and I curse under my breath, whipping the shower handle to the heated side. The water warms up and I sigh, scrubbing myself down before stepping out onto the squishy mat. I chose one of the simpler suits I bought for my first day, a dark grey one with a soft white dress shirt underneath and no tie. Techno and Phil weren't wearing a tie when I came in, and neither were any of the other guys I saw. I don't want to be the only idiot wearing one.

René said she would find me and shove a baguette into my eye socket if I wore light-colored watches with dark suits. So I open Dream's watch collection, rolling my eyes when I'm faced with at least fifty selections.

God, don't all watches have the same purpose?

I grab a black one with a sophisticated looking dial, pulling it on to the smallest size. I make a mental note to say sorry for stealing his stuff without asking, trudging out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. After I call an Uber, I rummage through the pantry, finding a bag of those cinnamon raisin bagels I would always beg Dream to buy inside. Smiling, I take one out, popping it into the toaster before grabbing the cream cheese he bought with it.

A good partner would probably put some breakfast in the fridge for their snoring significant other, I muse. Another bagel pops into the toaster as I munch on mine. For some ungodly reason, Dream doesn't like too much cream cheese on his bagels, so I only slather a little on, tucking it away in the fridge.

A pad of yellow post-it notes gleam on the counter and I grin, scribbling out a note for Dream. I sneak into the bedroom, nibbling my lip as I stand next to the bed, watching him sleep like a serial killer.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I sit down, brushing his hair off his forehead before sticking the note right below his hairline. I snigger. This is the best form of communication, and no one can convince me otherwise.

I place a gentle kiss on his nose, cringing at how disgustingly in love I am.

The ride was unpleasantly loud for such an early hour. I'm sure my driver was some kind of crackhead, because he was blasting punk rock at full volume all the way there. When I stepped out of the car, my ears were still ringing, blood pounding through my skull from the sensory overload.