𝟜𝟛

look, it's a song!

Guys....I think next chapter is the last chapter. I'm genuinely so sad, I love all of you guys so much <3 😞

//

𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝒫𝒪𝒱

I was surprised when Taylor recognized the sweet melody of Frank Sinatra.

Then again, I probably shouldn't be. Anyone who spends a considerable amount of time at Kristin's probably has Frank Sinatra and Micheal Bublé running through their veins by now. Her playlist consists of them, and whatever Taylor Swift songs happened to be stuck in her head that given day.

So when Taylor starts singing along to Fly Me to the Moon, the frown that usually adorns René's face when kids come in, turns upside down almost immediately.

"My dears," She smiles, planting her hands on George's cheeks, leaving her signature red lipstick on his skin. She does the same to me, then raises an eyebrow. "You know you have to book an appointment Dream."

"We had an emergency." I wince sheepishly, reaching down to hold Taylor's shoulders. The girl in question was staring at the rainbow of ties in the corner, eyes sparkling with interest.

"Now, who are you?" René smiles, leaning down to look her in the eye.

"Taylor. Pleasure to meet you." She tips her chin down in greeting.  George's jaw drops. Mine follows.

"The pleasure is all mine," René laughs, gentle surprise stretched across her face as well. She holds out her hand and Taylor looks up at me. I nod encouragingly and she takes it. "Where did you kidnap this child from Dream? She has more manners than you,"

"Hey!"  I complain.

"You really need to work on those Dream," George sighs, dragging his finger across his neck in my peripheral, shaking his head. I whip my head around, only to see a tiny smirk pulling at his lips. Oh my god.

"Uh huh," René looks a bit disgruntled and I curse silently at George who has the subtlety equivalent to one of one of those weird inflatables at car dealerships. "So, I'm guessing we're looking for a dress for Taylor, yes?"

She says this as she walks, and George and I hurry to keep up with her and Taylor, who were fast-walking through the connecting hallway leading to her dress shop. Soft blacks and midnight blues of her fine suits turn to a wide array of multicolored dresses ranging from business dresses for women, to prom dresses, and even dresses for kids; although René only really imports really expensive dresses for kids that rich people would be interested in.

But that's exactly what we're looking for so I don't really mind.

Taylor's expression is absolutely priceless. But a frown quickly replaces her childish wonder. "Dream. This looks really, really expensive." She looks downcast, and I bite my lip, looking at the crestfallen expression on George's face.

Of course, I'll pay for it; she shouldn't have to worry about things being too expensive. She should be worried about which color looks the prettiest on her. Before I can tell her that, George pipes up. "Dream's too poor to buy the princess what she deserves, but I'm not. Taylor, your prince has come to the rescue."

Taylor giggles in delight, looking up at me as if to ask if it's alright. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I sigh, shooting a dirty look at George who just smiles.

"Okay dear, come with me. We'll leave them to flirt or whatever those imbéciles were doing." She shakes her head, leading Taylor over to the dressing room to get her measurements.