𝟛𝟝

LAST CHAPTER OF THE YEAR WOOO!

//

𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝒫𝒪𝒱

My body ached from the relentless tossing and turning from last night. Somehow, I managed to fall asleep after resorting to second-grade sleeping techniques. Let's just say counting sheep still works.

It's well after noon when I wake up.

George had come in sometime during the night. His side pressed up against mine, hand curled around my waist, cheek squished into my chest. I detach myself from the brunette slowly, heart fluttering when he immediately frowns in his sleep, curling his knees up to compensate for my absence.

I take a desperately-needed piss, lethargically brushing my teeth afterwards. With a spritz of water, I freshen my hair alive, running my fingers through the damp waves. It's going to be a long afternoon.

I slip past the door, turning off the light. Without the crusts in my eyes and the initial morning hatred for all things living, I'm able to see a little clearer. As soon as I get back under the covers, George gravitates toward me, seeking my touch, eyes still closed in blissful slumber. Almost like his body knew something was different.

I quietly shift into the comfortable position from before. His hair tickles my nose, and I rest my chin on the top of his head. Strawberry lingers in the soft curls, and I pull him closer, feathering my lips over his temple. He's so beautiful. I don't know how I survived having him in my bed all these nights without thinking about it. My stomach flips a couple of times when he hums, sighing as my hand interlocks with his.

"Hello," His eyes flicker open, voice strained with drowsiness.

"Hi," I provide carefully. "Did you sleep okay?"

He nods, lifting himself off my chest. His hand is still intertwined with mine, and he keeps it there, staring down at me. He eventually lets go, mumbling bathroom before stumbling off the bed.

He comes back looking refreshed, nerve-bitten lips and newly brushed hair. Holy shit. The bed sinks beside me, and George crawls over my legs, settling into the covers. His laughter floats around me as I take a breath, hiding my flustered appearance with an arm over my eyes. I prepare myself for the conversation at hand, forcing my feet not to fidget in the warm comforter.

My eyes fly open. I feel warmth brush my neck, tensing in anticipation as I look at him. George hums into my skin, the vibrations sending pleasant shocks down my spine.

He needs to stop being so hot. Right now. I'm going to melt into a fucking puddle.

"George," I mumble at the ceiling. "I thought we were gonna talk? What's this?"

"I don't want to," He lays down next to me, pushing me to the side to take the spot I had warmed up.

"That's not an option." I raise my eyebrow.

"Yes. It is."

"It is." I agree. "But it's not one I'm giving you."

George shivers, hot blood rushing up his neck and blossoming in his cheeks. He refuses to look at me, his breathing shallow as he shakes his head into my chest defiantly. I stare at him, slowly shifting him off to sit criss-crossed in front of his lazy ass...that looked really hot from this angle. Fuck. "Not the time," I mumble to myself.

"Not the time for what?" He sighs into my pillow, pissed that I just up and left.

"Nothing." I shoot him a look that he doesn't see. "George. We really have to talk."