𝟚𝟠

𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒫𝒪𝒱

I shiver on the sofa and pull a plush blanket over me, scrolling through​ the endless amount of tweets on my feed. All of them were about the conference. Some people were praising Dream, buzzing about how he was the Tony Stark of the real world. Others were freaking out, saying the Terminator movies were going to become a reality. It was all rather amusing.

I rest my phone on my chest, looking up at the ceiling. He was taking his time in the shower, not that I blame him. I have a feeling Dream likes control, in himself and in everything he's a part of. The fact that I've seen two instances where he hasn't been is probably a miracle.

I've also been thinking about his proposal. It was very generous of him to offer to be his roommate. It also wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have my own bed to sleep in, instead of Wilbur's sofa. Dream and I have gotten a lot done, whether it was this project or others, and I know we'll get much more done if we live in the same place.

But I've also never really had a roommate before. For university, I got a scholarship that got me a dorm room to myself. Wilbur and Quackity would stay the nights sometime, hell, even Cameron and a few of my other mates have periodically. But it's not the same. If I didn't want to see them for some reason on a given day, I wouldn't have to. With a roommate, it's different.

Dream walks into the living room, eyes lidded with exhaustion and slightly pruney fingers. I grin at yet another one of his stupid t-shirts. This one says, My password is the last eight digits of Pi.

"Not a word." He mumbles, sitting down next to me.

I can't help myself. "You're such a nerd."

"What'd I say?" He glares as I try not to laugh.

"Alright, I've been trying to figure out what the hell we're supposed to do," I pulled his neglected laptop off the coffee table, putting in his password and pulling up the doc I had started. "I haven't gotten much yet but,"

"George," Dream says quietly. "It's not that I don't appreciate everything you're doing, but I really don't want to work on this stuff right now."

"Oh," I nod slowly, shutting the laptop. "That's understandable. What do you want to talk about then?"

"I dunno, I feel like we haven't talked about much outside of work." He hums, cracking up when I shiver violently, cursing the stupid aircon that they've had a whole night and a day to fix. His arm swings to the back of the sofa, so I scoot into his side, curling toward him without being completely on top of him. "Except your weirdly cold blood. I definitely know about that."

"Shut up." I groan, cursing my biology for making me this way. "Ask me a question."

He looks up, thinking, before fixing me with a serious stare. "This is the most important question. If you get this wrong, we can't be friends." I roll my eyes, gesturing for him to go on. "Dogs or cats?"

"Cats." I answer without hesitation. He exhales, wiping pretend sweat off his forehead in relief. I rack my brain for a question to ask him. "How'd you meet Sapnap?"

"I've known him since elementary school. Met him when I was eleven." Dream says, his words glazed with comfort. "What about Wilbur and Quackity?"

"They're everything to me," I smile softly at the mention of them. "I was having a bit of a rough time when I moved to America. They were the first friends I made on campus and it was a complete accident. I accidentally spilled coffee on Wilbur's sheet music in the cafe on campus. We started talking as we cleaned it up. He introduced me to Big Q a few days later."