𝟜𝟚

woooo! an actual chapter!

//

𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒫𝒪𝒱

It's laughable really. I'm in the same situation I was in a few weeks ago. However, instead of a few bruises it was...something else being covered up. And it was my co-worker who I only met two days prior that I was stealing make-up from, instead of Niki, whom I've known for years.

"You are so lucky my concealer kinda matches your skin tone." Puffy murmurs, her eyes that displayed the color range of an artist's palette squinting critically at the mark she was so meticulously trying to cover up. "Tell your partner that he needs to be more careful."

I feel fire climb up my neck, settling in my cheeks. "Don't worry. I'll make him pay tonight." And Leia's skin tone doesn't even match his. That idiot still manages to maintain his perfect tan despite being a nerdy couch potato.

"Woah, woah. Don't need any details." She teases. I stick my tongue out at her, inspecting the sliver of my neck that had exposed me. The blueish marks were now completely concealed, and a rush of gratitude surges to the surface.

"Thank you." I smile at her, exhaling in pure relief. The last thing I needed was Kyle accusing me of being distracted.

"No problem," Her mouth opens in a wide yawn, and I follow suit, trapping it into my elbow. "Now you wanna tell me more about this idea of yours?"

We walk out of the conference room, jogging up the stairs instead of the crowded elevator, filled with people holding precariously handled coffee cups on top of stacks of files and paper. I tug at the collar of my shirt, pulling it up slightly, just in case.

"I still have to check with Kristin, but if she says yes it's going to be great. She's Phil's wife, so it's not like he'll reject the idea. It's great media for both companies too. We can make it into a fundraiser, set a goal amount, something that shows the two companies care more than putting some money into its pockets."

With every word that spilled passionately out of my mouth, Puffy's smile grew more and more. By the time we reached our floor, she was positively beaming, bouncing on her heels with motivation in her stride.

Everyone looks up when we walk in, and I look to Puffy who sits down with a nod. "Hi everyone, I think I've come up with a solution for the venue problem."

"That's great, cus we've got nothing." Connor mumbles.

It takes a while to explain everything in a way that doesn't get their hopes up too much. After all, it's not like I've asked Kristen yet. But skepticism slowly grew to acceptance, and there was a determination on the faces I had known for so little time. It warms my heart more than I care to admit.

There's only one person who doesn't have a smile on their face.

"Now I've heard it all," Kyle mutters.

"Sorry?" Anger creeps into my voice despite my best efforts to keep it at bay. What is his problem? I understand he wanted my job, but blindly hating someone like this is fucking childish.

"Technoblade will never go for something like this. He likes class, sophistication. He's not going to approve of us having our gathering in a lowlife soup kitchen. There's no way I'm discussing business in a homeless shelter, and many people within this company would agree." He spits.

"Nobody agrees with you. You're delusional." Vik spits. Jack nods in agreement, a vein in his forehead tensed with annoyance.

I hold a hand up, sending a gentle glance at them before rounding on the irritating man again. My vision is tinged in carmine so saturated, that even I can see the shifting hues. "Will everyone give me a moment with Kyle please?"