He hums. "I'd like that."

George wiggles out of the covers, looking down at me with a pout. I raise an eyebrow, waving him away to get changed, staring at the ceiling with a sigh. Ugh, I want to go with him. But to do that I'm going to have to get up.

He's surprised when I join him in the bathroom, his mouth full of toothpaste. I brush my own teeth watching him floss with a roll of my eyes. Who flosses in the morning? Actually, who flosses in general?

I make sure to take out the concealer Leia bought for me yesterday slowly, staring at him as I cover my neck up to get a crumb of remorse. All I receive is a smug smirk.

Before he can insist that he can take a cab, when his literal boyfriend is here to take him to work, I pull him out of the apartment, ignoring his complaining. As much as George loves to work at the cafe, he complains about it a lot.

"Agh, I can't believe my last shift is a morning shift." He whines when I shove him into the passenger seat with an irritated sigh. He is so annoying. But for some reason, it's so endearing it doesn't make sense. I climb into the driver's seat and he's still talking, complaining about how Emily is going to fuck up the lattes and pawn them off to him.

I stick my key into the ignition and before I snap my seatbelt on, I turn and grab George's face, kissing him mid-sentence. He mmphs, freezing in place before moving his lips in perfect rhythm with mine on instinct. I pull away and he stares at me, suspended air caught at the top of our throats. Finally. Peace and quiet.

"Shut. Up." I snort, giving him a gentle peck on the cheek before shifting the gear out of park.

He grumbles but doesn't argue, opening the window just a bit with an airy smile. The hair he so carefully brushed whips around in the wind, and he doesn't look like he gives a single fuck. I love it when he's like this. So carefree, without the weight of the world on his shoulders.

We arrived quickly. George rushes to greet Emily inside who was frantically handling the morning rush all by herself, as the cafe opened like five minutes ago. I settle into my usual spot. For once, I have nothing to do but watch as he falls into routine.

I find it as incredible as I did so many months ago. He works with such ease, losing himself in the flurry of orders coming in at him at lightspeed. Somehow, he hasn't forgotten a single recipe. Rich espresso fills the air quickly with the sweetness of different syrups wafting through the strong scent, making it bearable. Delectable pastries laid fresh in the display cases, and I watch him package them up quickly, bidding a cheerful goodbye to each customer. I could watch him doing this for hours.

A familiar customer comes in. One that I've gotten to know quite well thanks to our little agreement. A shiny gold headband gleams in her jet black hair today, and she spots me immediately, waving me over with a bright smile. I glance at the clock. She's exactly on time, as per usual.

"Hello, I haven't seen you in ages!" She exclaims, inviting me to stand in front of her. I chuckle nodding.

"Well, me and barista boy are dating now. Just thought you'd like to know." I blush. She was always in on the whole order 73 thing, and she did always think it was cute. I guess I never realized how obvious our feelings were to other people.

Her eyes glitter with happiness. "Oh I knew it. You both are so adorable."

Before I can answer, George cuts me off. He doesn't seem to be looking up, sharpie to the cardboard coffee cup sleeve. "Mocha latte to go with chocolate sauce on the sides plus two extra espresso shots?" He asks cheerfully, looking up.