princess ~ petra x male!reader

summary - petra has taken a liking to you, and asks you to help her learn the fódlan language.

genre - fluff

warnings - none

word count - 453

~~~~~~~~

Y/n was focusing on taking notes from Professor Byleth, when he felt a tap on his left shoulder. He gazed over, making eye contact with the Princess of Brigid.

"What's up, Petra?" Y/n asked.

"Y/n, you have great knowledge of the Fódlan language. I was wondering if you could be teaching it to me." Petra responded, a bright smile on her face.

"It would be my pleasure, Princess. Meet me at the library later on this evening, okay?" Y/n smiled. 

She blushed at Y/n calling her princess, even though that was what she was, the Princess of Brigid.

Y/n took note of this. He smirked a little, turning back to his notes.

~~~~~~~~

Y/n was sitting at one of the tables in the library, reading a book as he waiting for Petra.

"Y/n?" Petra's voice sounded.

Y/n smiled, closing his book, and looking up at her. "Hello, Petra! Have a seat."

She smiled back, sitting down in the vacant seat beside him.

"I have created a list of the words I have been not understanding. Will you go through them with me?" Petra showed him the list.

"Of course I will." They began going through the list.

"You are having my gratitude!"

Petra was focusing on the words, but she was also focusing on the boy. She liked the way his side profile looked, the way his hair fell, and the colour of his eyes. She especially liked his voice. It was so soothing.

"Petra," Y/n started. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is good. Why are you asking?" Petra blushed.

"You were staring at me... you sure everything is alright?" He smiled knowingly.

She sighed. "Can I be telling you a secret?"

He nodded, resting his cheek on his hand. "Of course, Petra!"

"Okay... I have been liking you. More than a friend. I think you are very pretty." Petra was almost the colour of her hair.

"Pretty?" Y/n smiled, his Adam's Apple bobbing as he laughed a little.

She froze. "Am I saying it wrong?"

He shook his head. "No, Princess, it's just that no one's called me pretty before. I liked it."

"Well... I am liking you calling me 'Princess.'" Petra looked down.

He smiled, lifting her chin with his hand. "I like you too, and I also think you're pretty, Princess." 

He kissed her lips gently. She blushed even more, smiling uncontrollably.

She threw herself into Y/n's arms. She kissed all over his face. "I am feeling happy! Will you be my... uh, I am forgetting the word that you call a boy partner in Fódlan..."

"Boyfriend?" Y/n tucked a strand of magenta hair behind her ear.

"Yes! That is it. Y/n, will you be my boyfriend?" Petra asked.

"Definitely." He kissed her forehead.