i've always loved you ~ claude x fem!reader

this was a requested oneshot, and i absolutely loved the idea!

summary - you leave the ball early, and a special someone finds you.

genre - fluff with mild spice

warnings - kissing, implications, neck kisses

word count - 674

"I can't wait for the ball, I'm so excited! I've already been asked by, like, five guys." Hilda had been excited for the ball since it had been announced after last month's battle.

Lysithea yawned. "I don't have time for balls. I've got to study, after all, I have an exam coming up."

"Aww, come on, surely you can take a short break?" Y/n pleaded to her friend. She had grown close with the mage during her time at the Officer's Academy.

Marianne nodded a little. "Y-Yeah, I agree..." 

Lysithea sighed. "Fine..."

"Yay! Okay, so, let's all meet in my room to get ready together. Oh, this is gonna be so fun!" Hilda squealed. Y/n shook her head at the pink-haired girl.

~~~~~~~~

Y/n had always liked Claude, pretty much ever since she'd first met him. She didn't have the guts to ask him to the ball, though. She highly doubted he would even agree. After all, she was a commoner, and he was the future leader of the Leicester Alliance. 

Regardless, she had chosen a beautiful, yellow dress to wear, to maybe catch the attention of the gorgeous boy.

She had put her dress on, and knocked on Hilda's door. 

"Oh my goddess, you look stunning!" Hilda practically screamed, pulling Y/n inside. The other girls were there, putting on a bit of makeup. Hilda had a magenta dress on, that took the shape of her beautiful curves. Marianne wore a deep, purple dress, that was made of satin. Lysithea wore a crimson dress, that was covered in rhinestones, and Leonie had a simple, orange dress on.

"You all look incredible!" Y/n smiled, sitting next to Leonie on the bed.

Hilda looked at the time, on the little clock on her cluttered desk. "Girls, we need to go, the ball starts soon!"

~~~~~~~~

Y/n spotted Claude, almost immediately after they got there. Hilda had gone off to dance with some guys, Marianne was in the corner, Lysithea leaned against a wall, and Leonie was standing with Raphael at the food table. Y/n was alone, staring at the brunette. She quickly looked away when he looked in her direction. If she had looked at him for one more second, she would've seen the beautiful smile that appeared when his eyes fell on her. 

Y/n needed some air. She left the ball, heading outside the classrooms, inhaling the crisp, winter air. The cold nipped at her exposed arms and shoulders, causing a shiver the run up her spine,

"So, this is where you got off to?" That voice belonged to Claude.

"Claude! What are you doing here?"

"Following you. I was gonna ask you to dance, but apparently, you had other plans." Claude teased her, causing her eyes to widen.

"We can go dance, if you like."

He shook his head. "No, I needed some air, anyway," his confidence fell a little as he gazed at the beautiful girl in front of him. "Um, Y/n..."

She looked at him with a smile. "Yes?"

"Um... so, I think I like you. A lot. Would you maybe wanna get tea with me sometime? As, like, a date?" Claude looked at her, worry in his green eyes.

She smiled. "Of course, Claude. I like you, too."

He stepped forward, capturing her lips in a kiss. She gasped. His hands found their way down her body, and stopped at her waist. She tangled her hands in his hair, causing him to let out a groan.

"Come with me." He brought her to the empty Golden Deer classroom, laying her on the desk, and shutting the door. He stood in between her legs, kissing her again. She sighed into the kiss. He moved his lips to her neck, kissing, and probably leaving hickies.

"Claude..." She pulled on his hair a little.

"Did I mention how beautiful you look? Because, you look absolutely gorgeous, darling..." 

She smiled. "You're amazing, Claude."

"And, you twice as much."

possible part 2 in the future?