forever ~ m!byleth x fem!reader

summary - byleth proposes to you after the war, and promises to be with you forever.

genre - fluff

warnings - kissing

word count - 287

~~~~~~~~

"Professor?" She climbed the stairs to the Goddess Tower, searching for the green-haired man who she had grown to adore.

"Oh, Y/n, I'm happy you made it," Byleth smiled at his former student. "Please, just call me Byleth."

"S-Sorry, Byleth." She smiled.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I asked you to meet me here," Byleth stepped closer to her, taking her smaller hands in his. "The reason is... because I've grown very fond of you, Y/n. I think I'm in love with you. I can't lead Fódlan by myself, so I wanted to know if you would lead with me. Please, be my wife, Y/n. I love you." He concluded, staring desperately into her e/c eyes.

"Oh, Byleth..." her eyes welled up. "I love you too... of course I'll marry you!" She threw her hands around his neck, and he laughed, hugging her waist.

"Give me your hand," they pulled away. Byleth slipped a beautiful silver ring with purple gems in it onto her finger.

"It's so beautiful..." She smiled down at the ring that glinted in the sunlight.

Byleth took a deep breath before lifting her chin with his index finger and thumb, and stared into her eyes. His eyes flitted between her eyes and lips, before leaning down to kiss her.

The two kissed for a while, exploring each other's mouth. They pulled away, flushed and smiling. 

"I've wanted to do that for so long, Y/n." Byleth kissed her cheek.

"Me too..."

"I promise I will be with you forever. I'll never let you go." He buried his face in her neck, leaving gentle kisses.

She played with his green hair. "I love you."