strength ~ chrom x fem!reader

i literally love chrom so much, im not okay-

summary - you and chrom are from the same world, and eventually you meet lucina. you find out some shocking news.

warnings - kissing

genre - fluff with a bit of angst

word count - 725

~~~~~~~~

"I suppose I no longer need this." The person removed their mask, revealing a girl with blue eyes and blue hair, similar to Chrom. 

"Who are you?" Y/n asked, getting a closer look. She gasped, pulling Chrom with her to show him the brand in her eye.

"I am Lucina... I come from the same world as you and Chrom." 

"Y-You have the brand," Chrom said as he looked at her eye. "Does that mean..."

Lucina glanced up, a sad look in her eyes. "Hello, Father."

"Chrom is your father?" Y/n asked.

She nodded, hesitating before she spoke next. "And you... you are my mother."

Y/n's eyes widened as she felt herself heat up. Sure, she had liked Chrom for a while, and the two had sort of an unspoken thing... but she never excepted to have his child.

Chrom was blushing now. "S-She's your mother?"

Lucina nodded. "I-I'm sorry... I know this is a lot."

Y/n recovered from the shock, and stepped forward. She placed her hand on Lucina's cheek. "Hello, my beautiful daughter."

Lucina's eyes welled up as she practically threw herself into Y/n's arms. She was sobbing "Mother..."

"I am here now, darling... and so is Chrom." 

Y/n stroked her long blue hair, and glanced at Chrom who was still blushing, but had a gentle smile on his face.

He stepped forward, placing a hand on Y/n's shoulder, and lifted Lucina's head up.

"Father..." Lucina smiled.

"That's different..." Chrom said.

"D-Do you not like it? I can call you something else... or nothing at all." Lucina panicked.

"No, no... it's just new to my ears. I like it." Chrom smiled.

"I hate to interrupt, but we must get going." Lissa said. She had just found out that she was a mother as well, the mother of Owain.

~~~~~~~~

When they returned to camp, Chrom and Y/n found themselves alone.

"Can you believe it?" Chrom asked.

She shook her head. "She seems like a good kid. And, I'm happy that if I am to have a child, it is yours."

Chrom smiled widely, blushing a little. "Come here." He pulled her to him by her hands. He moved his hands to her waist, and her hands rested on his biceps. 

Their lips brushed each other, teasing the other. Their breathing increased as they fought the urge to smash their lips against each other.

Chrom gently pressed his lips to hers before recoiling to see if she was okay with it. She smiled, pulling him back in. They shared a loving kiss, their first kiss together.

He pressed his forehead to hers, staring into her beautiful e/c eyes.

"I'm glad that it is you who will have my baby." He smiled at her, gently placing his hand against her stomach.

"Chrom, it's not like I'm pregnant now." She laughed, but didn't move his hand. Instead, she placed her hand on top of his.

"I know..." He kissed her cheek.

"Mother, Father... I am sorry to interrupt." Lucina was there, staring at her parents.

"Hello, Lucina." Y/n smiled, moving towards her daughter. She placed her hand gently on Lucina's cheek.

Lucina smiled. "I was hoping that I could speak with you."

"Of course, come sit." Lucina sat down on the bed in between Chrom and Y/n.

"What's up?" Chrom asked.

"There are so many things I wish to do with you both before we have to return home... just the thought makes me cry." Lucina says, her lip trembling slightly.

"My darling," Y/n wrapped her arm gently around her daughter's shoulders. "Even when you do have to return, we'll always be with you. I promise. And, we can do whatever you want to do, alright?" Y/n pressed a kiss to the side of her head. Hearing about her world made Y/n's heart shatter.

Chrom admired how kind, gentle, and sweet Y/n was with Lucina.

"You name it, we'll do it." Chrom holds Lucina's hand.

"Okay... I'll write out a list," Lucina's voice broke as she spoke. She smiled, clearly fighting some tears. "I'll be back. Thank you, Mother and Father."

Lucina smiled, and left the room.

"She is such a strong girl..." Now, it was Y/n whose eyes were filling with tears.

"I think I know where she gets it from..." Chrom wrapped his arm around Y/n, and kissed her again. "My strong woman..."