Chapter Ten - Finale

31/12/1999
(21:48)

New Year's Eve. I had just woken up. Next to him, my dear Keith. He's been remembering everything that happened those days, but I've been tricking him into thinking it's all in his head. Or at least that's what I think. He's been acting like when we first met, over 3 years ago. Gullible, bubbly, dumb. And he's been acting obsessed, always asking where I'm going and wanting to come along. But one problem, he wants to return to rap battling. It's probably good for him but he's "crippled" so... Just not right now.

He also hasn't figured out that his legs are fine. Yeah, he had some bullet wounds, but the doctors fixed that up pretty well, thanks to Tabitha's daddy's money. Plus, I didn't shoot him anywhere vital. I mean, he hasn't even tried to walk around, but I'm not encouraging it because he could still run away. But I need to relax, because three more hours and it's a new year. Maybe his New Year's gift could be him learning how to walk again or having sex.

Keith was snoring, softly, almost like a child. But since he isn't on top of me, for once, I could go somewhere. I got up and walked into the hallway, where the entrance to the bathroom is. I stretched my body as I entered the body. Keith's old, bloody bandages from January are still here, I should throw them away before he gets the wrong idea. I picked up the bandages and tossed them into the trash bin. I splashed water on my face and through my hair. I need to wake up. It's New Year's. Do we even have alcohol for tonight? I know Keith is underage but only by one year. They changed that stupid law last year, could've been so much easier.

I walked to the kitchen and looked in the fridge. No champagne or beers? Damn, and this is my favourite safe house too. How the hell do I not have alcohol? Now I gotta slip a shirt on and drive to the store, but I need to do a quick run as well, so I'm just not gonna bring Keith. All I'm doing is buying alcohol and probably some food. What can he do in what? 20 minutes?

I walked back to the bedroom and slipped on a clean shirt from the drawers. I grabbed the keys from the dresser and my gun. Can't be too reckless anymore. If he's not falling for my tricks then next thing you know I walk through the front door and then there's a bullet in my head. I slipped on some shoes and grabbed a coat. I walked to the front door and looked back. He better not do some stupid shit.

I walked to the car and got inside. I need to do something that will keep me. Something that even he cannot undo.

I think I know exactly what I will do~.

Keith's POV:

I woke up, and the bed was empty. Either Pico is somewhere in the house or he left. I need to remember everything. I still don't know why our relationship went bad. I don't even know what happened the entirety of my 18th year alive. I wonder if he forced me to do anything drastic or whatnot. What if-.

I sat up on the bed. I don't know if I can stand, but it's better not to try if my legs can't handle such pressure. Though the wheelchair is nearby, so I just have to be careful. I don't know the limits of my own body since I've only been awake for 3 days. But hopefully, he doesn't come back soon. I've been doing my best trying to trick Pico that he's tricking me. He's probably going to do something drastic so that we'll stay together. Forever.

I need to prevent that. So that I can be safe, somewhere else. But where am I going to go? There's Tabitha but the last time I remember seeing her is that night in January, in the forest when I was in the trunk. Then it's blank. My memory starts up when I'm taking a bath in this safe house. But I don't even remember if I and Tabitha are close like that. Did we fuck or are we just friends? When did I run away from Pico and how bad did this relationship get? I need to investigate, if this is Pico's favourite safe house then I should find some evidence.