Chapter Eight - Crash

Part 8

Keith awoke from his sleep and looked around. His head hurt like a bitch. He groaned as he scanned his surroundings for any signs of Pico- and thankfully he wasn't around. Keith walked around the house- it was completely empty. Why would Pico just leave without any trace?

It confused the hell out of Keith, but he still continued his search for Pico. He's the only guy that can actually help him. Even though he did give him his wounds, Keith didn't know how to cook or clean; Pico would do all that stuff. Keith was dependent on Pico during this time.

Keith let out a sigh of relief, Pico was gone. He probably went to get food or some clothes, Keith thought to himself. As much as Keith hated to admit it- Pico was sort of taking care of him. It wasn't the best care- no- but to Pico, he probably thought he was treating Keith like royalty.

Keith returned to the living room and lay on the couch. He turned on the TV and as the news played, he tried to drift off to sleep. He wanted to sleep his headache away. As the news played on and on; feeling like it was on repeat, Keith drifted off to sleep once more.

1/10/1999
(11:30 PM)

Pico finally arrived home, carrying bags with him. Keith was still asleep, fighting back the fact he want to wake up. Once Pico put away the groceries from the bags, he went to go check up on Keith.

Keith was fine laying on the couch, but Pico had different plans. Pico went to the kitchen and took out the blender. He put bananas, strawberries, ice, and milk; he wanted to make a smoothie for Keith. But not the ordinary smoothie; one strong enough to keep him knocked out.

Once Pico was finished, he crushed sleeping pills and poured the dust into the smoothie. He mixed it once more and then poured it into a cup. Pico gave his devilish grin as he walked with the smoothie in his hand. He placed it on the coffee table and left.

Pico stayed outside the door and waited for Keith to wake up. He turned off every light in the house beside the lights in the living room. Soon enough, Keith awoke with a loud groan.

Keith stood up from the couch; being faced with the strawberry smoothie.

Keith's🎤 POV;

Why is there a strawberry smoothie sitting right there? That shit looks way too good to not be drugged. But shit- that looks tempting. Should I drink it? It doesn't look drugged, but it has to be. Pico made this shit and expected me to drink it?!

I have to drink it; I'm thirsty and it looks like the door is locked from the outside. The glass is cold- really cold. It hasn't been here for long. So it's probably fresh. I should drink it now then. It smells really good too. Damn this is tempting.

Wow- this is taste really- really...

No one's POV

Pico heard the glass shatter and a loud thump afterwards. Keith fell asleep. Pico opened the door and stood over Keith. He picked up his foot and started to drag him out to his car.

He opened the door to the back seat and laid Keith on the seat. He put the child lock on both of the doors before closing them. Pico went back inside the house and grabbed the bags of groceries and placed them in the trunk. He just needed them to be cold.

Pico finally got into the truck and looked back at Keith, making sure was he comfortable. He turned on the truck and drove off from the house. It was a silent drive, the soft snoring of Keith in the back while Pico drove in absolute silence.

After a while, Keith did awake- though in absolute silence. Pico didn't know that Keith had awakened already- so he continued to drive. Keith looked around his surroundings, looking for something. Then his eyes met the gun that was in the middle between the passenger and driver seat. Keith reaches his hand out to it.

He slowly and carefully grabbed the pistol and pulled it towards him. Every centimetre that was pulled gave Keith just a little more goosebumps. Finally- the gun was in his hands and the backseat. Keith scooted silently to the farthest seat away from Pico and pointed the gun at him.

At this point- Pico just noticed Keith with the gun pointed towards his head in the rearview mirror. His head swiftly turned around-

BANG!

The truck started to lose control and rammed straight for the ditch. The windshield glass shattered everywhere; so Keith didn't know where he was even heading. The truck crushed itself into a thick tree, giving the impact ability to make the branches break loose. Very sharp branches.

The branches punctured through the roof of the truck. Though of course, Keith has never been the lucky one.