A Trip Down Memory Lane

1/20/1998

I was mumbling to myself, "I'm sorry,". I had my hands between my legs and looked down. I cried as the tears fell on the seat. This was the first time I cried because of Pico.

"You got that?!" Pico yelled; he grabbed my hair and forced me to look in his direction.

"Yes!" I yelp-beeped, "I understand!"

He let go of my hair and I continued to cry all the way home. By the time we made it home, I had run out of tears to cry and I felt dizzy. I just want to sleep. Pico is still mad. I didn't mean to make him mad, I thought those flowers were from him. I don't think he'll believe me though, he's seriously pissed off. He pulled into the driveway of the house. As we both got out Pico slammed his door and stormed angrily into the house. I quickly followed behind, holding my breath. I don't know what to do to make him less angry at me. I didn't mean to make him so angry at me. As I entered the house, Pico went to our room, leaving me at the door.

"Do you need anything, sir?" a servant asked me.

"No, please just start a bath for me," I said.

I need to relax. I know that this night is going to change a lot. Especially us. But I just hope Pico doesn't become what Momma thought he was. I spent countless nights and days just trying to get into this relationship and all because I thought some flowers were from him is going to ruin everything that I worked for. My phone started to ring. It was that company. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said, holding back tears.

"Yes, uhm, we wanted to ask if you were available February 17th. We would like to record you and get you some beats, soon get you signed with us,"

"Sorry but," I said, my voice quivering," I'm quitting, "

✧❁❁❁✧✿✿✿✧❁❁❁✧

4/29/1998

I snuck inside the house. That was my very first time actually sneaking out. What time is it? I just need to sneak back to bed without bumping into anything and getting caught. Avoiding the creak in the floorboards has gotten easier since Pico has been beating me for stepping on them. Ever since that night Pico has been so abusive. I have bruises all over my thanks to him.

As soon as I got to the foot of the steps towards the room, I saw that the lights were on.

"Shit," I murmured under my breath.

Maybe I can go to the kitchen, and act like I'm getting food or a glass of water. Shit shit shit! I thought he would be asleep. I could run away but I know he'll find me. Oh my god, this wasn't supposed to happen.

I finally made it to the kitchen and turned the light on. I got up and calmed myself down. All I need to do is relax and act like nothing is wrong. The worst he can do is just beat me. I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and started to fill it up with water. Just be calm if he comes down.

Pico came down into the kitchen, clearly pissed off. Once he entered the kitchen, I put the glass to my lips. My heart is going to kill me if he doesn't. He stopped in his tracks, crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. He watched as I drank the water. I tried to ignore his presence but it was really hard. One guilty glance at him was enough to tell him that I didn't just get up for water.

"So how was your night out?" Pico asked.

My heart skipped a beat. Do I answer and act dumb or fess up? Shit, what do I do?! I gotta fess up. It's better now to just tell him than him beating it out of me. I tightened my grip on the glass.

"Uhm," I said, breath shaky, "it was fun,"

Oh. This beating is gonna hurt.

"Who'd you go with?" Pico asked.

"Darnell and Nene," I said.

Pico let out a sigh and stood tall. My heart started to beat faster as I bit my lip. Maybe, just maybe, out of the kindness of that heart, he won't beat me. He turned around and walked away, but obviously, he wanted me to follow him. I quickly followed him, up to the room. Since I know it's late, I should get ready for bed, my pyjamas are already out, and Pico is in the bathroom, so some privacy. I took my pants off and my shirt off.

I slipped my pyjama shirt when suddenly Pico came behind and took my hands. He tied them together with a zip tie behind my back. I stumbled as I was blindfolded. What the hell is he doing?! He practically dragged me to the bed and threw me on it. When did he even get out of the bathroom!?

"I know it's your first time, but you know, go big or go home," Pico chuckled.

Oh my God. Is going to force me to have sex with him!? I didn't know he was capable of this! I can't see, I can't move!

Just be calm.

Just. Be. Calm.

ˏˋ°•*

9/2/1998

I placed the piece of paper down. My heart was racing. I should've lied and just put that dude's life in danger instead of mine. My eyes started to swell with tears. At this point, he's going to break down the door! I don't anything about this safe house. The longest I've been here is a couple of hours. I looked around and my eyes met with a window. That is my escape unless I want to die.

I stood on the rims of the bathtub. I opened the small window and wiggled through. The time I touched the soft grass Pico had busted through the door. I started to make a run for it. I am NOT GOING BACK. I won't let myself get taken back there. I wanna go back home to momma.

I wanna go home.