arthur stood up, holding his hand out which isabella took as she stood up and turned to face the people with a smile, claps and cheers filling her ears as she couldn't help but giggle slightly.

her smile was immediately wiped off her face when a knight on a horse jumped into the throne room, the glass from the window smashing everywhere as everyone gasped. the knights of camelot immediately pulled out their swords as uther spoke, "what in the devils name?" he gasped and pulled isabella back to stand with morgana behind them.

the knight in black came towards them and dropped his gauntlet in front of arthur. arthur went to take it, however a young knight beat him to it and picked it up with a determined look. "i, sir owain accept your challenge."

"single combat, noon tomorrow. to the death." the knight spoke before turning around on the horse and galloping out as everyone was left in silence.

MORGANA, ISABELLA and their handmaidens  were in arthur's chambers later that evening, and it was safe to say arthur was fuming. "he shouldn't have picked up the gauntlet!" he exclaimed.

"so then put an end to it." morgana walked over.

"he can't." "i cant." both isabella and arthur spoke, almost tired of explaining it.

"the challenge has been taken up. the fight cannot be stopped." isabella answered.

"then fight in his place." morgana spoke as isabella raised a brow.

"isabella's right. i can't." he shook his head.

"why not?" morgana sighed.

"cette fille!" this girl. estella huffed.

"elle est si lente." she is so slow. isabella complained.

"exactement!" exactly! estella replied. the two shared a giggle whilst the others looked confused but carried on.

"owain picked up the gauntlet. so, owain is the one who must fight. that's the knights code." arthur told morgana. "and he knew that." he finished as he began to walk away. morgana shook her head.

"but it's a fight to the death!" morgana complained. arthur slowly turned around to face them.

"i know." he whispered before walking away.

isabella turned to the three women. "i have a bad feeling about this knight..." she mumbled. "we must keep arthur from fighting him at all costs." she declared quietly.

gwen, morgana and estella shared a smile, bowing at her in response. "yes, your grace." morgana teased as isabella rolled her eyes with a small smile.

THE NEXT morning, isabella, gwen and estella joined arthur, merlin and owain once he was dressed to talk to him before the fight. gwen and estella bowed at arthur whilst arthur and owain did the same to isabella.

"the lady morgana asked me to give you this token." gwen handed owain a red handkerchief. "she wishes you to wear it for luck."

"you can thank her, and tell her i shall wear it with pride—but i won't need luck." he said with a kind smile as isabella, merlin and arthur shared a look.