24. dangerous territory

Start from the beginning

"Does it?" Soojin scoffed, shaking her head.

"It would have if you didn't resort to such a stupid thing." Su-ah was getting angry at the audacity of the girl to remain so cold and aloof. "We've been best friends since middle school Kang Su, and you didn't even care."

"We've been best friends since middle school, Su-ah." Kang Soojin gulped, she couldn't really keep her cold demeanor with the way her emotions were acting up. "And you didn't even know anything about me. This is who I am, a petty little bitch." With that Soojin walked off, not turning back and heading right towards the bleachers. It was a nice place to have lunch, the few loners and introverts would often sit there and eat in peace.

Soojin didn't like eating alone since the voices in her head would only get louder, but it was better than being slammed with hot food. She sat on the highest bench, afraid someone would bully her if she sat down and looked across the campus. She was envious of the happy faces, of the screaming and yelling, of the running and jumping and of everyone who had someone to turn to.

It was amazing how good she was in pushing everyone away from her, to a point it was only her and her alone. It wasn't lovely at all.

She missed a person though. Never did Soojin expect that a day would dawn where she'd miss Han Seojun but here it was. His stupid grin and his annoying voice, his goofy acts and reckless actions and the fact that he would keep pestering her till she's ready to murder him.

She missed him.

_

Han Seojun was clearly not in the mood that day. The basketball team he was captain off had a friendly match with another team, one which was headed by Lee Suho but there was no competition that day. Seojun clearly played so aggressive and well that he scored most of the baskets by himself, leaving no chance for neither of the team members to do so.

But when he pushed the opposing team member during the game he was given a red card and that ended his streak. Suho unlike his team, was worried for the boy and even Chorong and company didn't bother him. He wanted to be left alone, and once he was handed the red card, he took off from the court.

Jugyeong rushed towards him, calling out to the panting boy. "Han Seojun," She said, panting herself from all the running, "is everything okay?" She asked, concerned.

Seojun softened around Jugyeong, she was his kryptonite, and everyone other than her knew that. "I'm fine, I just need to be left alone." He huffed, clearly he didn't want to be mad at Jugyeong. However Jugyeong held his hand, refusing to take a hint and back off.

"Ya, tell me, what's wrong."

"Lim Jugyeong, you need to be a little observant of people around you and understand what they feel!" He lashed out on the girl, regretting it almost immediately but Jugyeong withdrew her hand. "Mian-"

"Mian-hayeo," She beat him to it, and left with teary eyes, heading inside the basketball court and Han Seojun had half a mind to chase after her.

He would have if he hadn't seen Soojin watching them from a distance. The moment Seojun looked at the girl who was the reason behind his out of proportion anger, he walked away from the ground and towards the changing room. He didn't even know why he was so upset at the girl, he should not be. Yet, after what happened over the weekend and that stupid hug, he couldn't take his mind off her.

Stupid stupid hug.

He emptied the water bottle on his hair and lifted his jersey over his head, sweating profusely over the game only to startle at the bystander. He looked over at the entrance, Soojin stood, her eyes everywhere but at him and she looked flushed.

"I'm sorry, I just-"

"Go away,"

"I will." She looked at him, unable to not look at his upper bare body. She gulped, his back had bruises from the other day, more black and blue and she felt extremely terrible. "I came here to give you..." She walked towards him, rummaging through her bag while Seojun tilted his head, eyeing her, the water from his hair now dripping on his chest.

She got out the medicinal cream she had purchased for him. Hesitantly, she forwarded the same to him, "here."

Seojun was hardly looking at anything but her eyes, "wae?"

"Because..."

"Because what?"

Soojin scoffed, "why are you so unbelievably arrogant!"

"Jinjja, because that's exactly what you are." He took the towel from the chair and wiped his hair, not minding Soojin's presence at all. "And there's no use of that cream anyway, I can't reach back." He shrugged, as Soojin looked at the tube in her hand and then at Seojun.

"You could ask someone at home-"

The towel slid from his face, "no thank you, the beatings after that would be tougher than these." He joked, and Soojin pressed her lips in a straight line. "It'll heal, don't need your help."

"This!" She pointed at him, "this behaviour of yours is exactly why we couldn't get along in middle school."

That came out of nowhere, but Seojun rolled his eyes at that, the towel wrapped around his shoulder, "aish, you think this is why we weren't friends?" He chuckled, mocking her, "you were too blind with Lee Su to look anywhere around."

"You did not just-"

"Oh but I did..." He irked her, already frustrated by her icy behaviour and now her accusations. "And even now, instead of just saying you're sorry, you'll do everything but that."

"Why should I be sorry?"

"Kang Soojin yo-"

But he stopped, rather caught in headlights when they heard the voices of the boys returning to the room to clean up. Both of them looked at each other, eyes widened, Soojin was about to leave through the door when Seojun held her hand and pulled her towards one of the stall. Soojin was shocked but she didn't get a chance to voice her opinion because the boys were louder when they entered the room, some cheering for the win, some teasing, others just messing around.

"What is-"

"Shhh," He shushed her, hand on her mouth as he pushed her to a wall, the rooms weren't spacious and were often used for a quick shower. "If you don't want rumours about us skyrocketing, I'd suggest you to keep it low." He instructed, towering her as she looked at him. Seojun however was only looking at the boys from the stall, hoping to not get caught.

Soojin was pressed between a cold wall and a very warm Seojun. The water droplets sticking at her, his hot breath hitting her cheek and her heart betraying her now that they were so close.

"Who's in this stall?" A boy banged the door, startling the duo. "Ya, Han Seojun, are you here?"

"Yes you jerk," He yelled, Soojin laying low in case any of the boys decided to jump up. "I'm in the shower, I'll take some time."

"Ya but I don't hear the shower running." He called out, Soojin eyeing Seojun with a disappointed look. "Are you there with some-" Before he could even complete that, Seojun switched the shower knob and down came the cold water, keeping the boy from troubling Seojun.

However Soojin bit the insides of her cheeks, to avoid being angry. Seojun gulped, he looked down at her, hoping to see a very angry Soojin but the water has washed up all of her coolness. All he saw was a Kang Soojin who was drenched in the water, looking at him.

Something came over him, truly, because the Han Seojun he knew wouldn't take a step closer to the girl, and the Kang Soojin he knew would have punched him by now. But neither of that happened, instead Han Seojun placed his arms on the wall, caging her, letting their noses touch and Soojin held his arms, silently looking at the boy as water dripped from his hair to his lips and she got stuck there.

A dangerous territory, but then, when did Kang Soojin fear danger.

_

sexual tension lol. Something in your eyes from Gangnam Beauty suits them sm.

I have uploaded a fanfic on Business Proposal, it's gonna be short one, do check it out and vote and comment on this chapter. Ciao.