xxviii. influencers--joey jordison (slipknot)

Začít od začátku

"Please don't hurt us," the guy begs.

"Hey, we're here to help," I sheath my knife. "I'm Y/n, this is my husband Joey."

3rd person

Y/n and Joey eventually convince the other couple, named Brooke and Sam, to return to their house to recover. 

Brooke and Sam, just now seeing the couple in full light, are taken aback. They must admit that never before had they imagined that people who look (bluntly) quite scary, have come to their rescue. The couple offers them hospitality, tea, and Y/n even addresses their wounds. 

"This is gonna sting, okay?" Y/n looks up at Brooke. They begin to pour a little bit of hydrogen peroxide on Brooke's cut. Brooke flinches in pain, making Sam next to her grab her arm and glare at Y/n. 

"Let them be, they know what they're doing," Joey admonishes as he brings some tea into the living room. 

"Why, you hurt each other a lot?" Sam snaps.

"Hey, we're helping you, asshole," Y/n reprimands Sam. "He's a musician and used to get hurt a lot in concert, so I got used to patching him up. The insinuation that I'd think of hurting him is deeply offensive."

"Okay, damn."

"Aw, you're protective of him!" Brooke smiles.

"Hold still," Y/n commands. "I'm almost done. And, why wouldn't I be? He's my husband after all."

Brooke studies the couple in front of her as Joey helps Y/n with every step of wrapping Brooke's cuts. He moves with everything Y/n does, as if they're telepathically connected. 

"What's Slipknot?" Sam inquires as he looks around the room.

"Uh, that's a band I'm in," Joey replies. "I'm the drummer."

"You wear masks? That's kinda scary."

"It's symbolic of ourselves and our personalities," the man replies. "And they also look better than our faces."

"Shut it, your faces are fine," Y/n mutters, finishing the wrapping. "Sam, give me your arm."

Sam is hesitant. Something about these people feels a bit weird. Maybe it's that it's a couple who are probably in their 30s who still wear eyeliner and dress like edgy teenagers. That is rather uncommon. Besides, he could beat the hell out of the guy. Joey's got small arms.

"It's okay," Brooke mouths with a gentle smile. 

Sam pushes his sleeve up with a badly concealed groan in pain and lays his forearm into Y/n's hands. He observes carefully as the woman repeats her cleaning process on his own injury. 

"You may need stitches, but I can't tell since there's so much blood on it," Y/n comments. "Joey, get some cool water, please."

Joey nods and leaves the room as commanded. 

"How long have you been married?" Sam asks with a shaky breath. 

"5 years," Y/n smiles. "Our anniversary was a month ago today."

"Aw, you seem really good together."

"Thank you, and likewise. You remind me of us when we were younger."

"Huh?" Sam scoffs. 

"Do not tense too much. Are you genuinely surprised?" Y/n looks up at Sam. 

"I mean, yeah," Sam scans the scene around him, pausing his gaze at the many horror movie posters and general horror accoutrement, the Slipknot and Murderdolls stuff, and any other metal or goth band stuff. 

"I believe that you're making the divisions between us greater than they are. Joey and I met when we were teenagers, before Slipknot even began. We bonded over our shared passion of music. He taught me how to play a bit of guitar and properly metal scream, while I helped him with styles and other forms of art. Despite how he looks, Joey is the most loving, caring, and gentle person I've ever met, and I absolutely adore him. Maybe alternative people scare others a bit, but most of us are nice people who happen to have another form of self expression from you," Y/n replies. "The way you look at each other is what I hope my husband sees when I look at him. You clearly truly love each other."

Joey smiles from the living room threshold, silently approaching you and pretending like he didn't just have his heart melt all over the floor because you just said you adore him.

"So, enough about me, what do you two do?" you inquire. 

"Uh...we're influencers," Brooke replies. 

Y/n and Joey exchange a look for a fraction of a second. 

...

part ii is coming