The Results

I spent the next two weeks anxiously waiting for the results. It was causing so much stress, that I was wetting more than ever. Therefore my mother got me some more absorbent protection to wear by night. She got me real diapers. She even tried to make me wear my goodnites to school, but I flat out refused. We compromised that I would wear the training briefs that Lisa bought me to school, but goodnites the rest of the day. The tormenting from Sam and Sarah was so bad, that I started too avoid coming home right after school just to get away from them.

Finally, it was time for our follow-up appointment. Dr. Levy walked in and had me strip down to my goodnite. He then proceeded to prod a bit. I nervously peed, hoping he wouldn't notice. After 5 minutes, he asked "has there been any major change in your life"? I told him that my mother got remarried. "And how do you feel about it", he asked? "I hate it, I hate Sam and I hate Sarah", I said. "All they do is torment me". "I see", said Dr. Levy.

He turned to my mother and said "Justin has a slightly underdeveloped bladder, this is what had caused his initial bedwetting". "He also came down with an infection, which heightened it". "But the stress from the marriage and the new family, is taking such a toll, that the infection worsened". "When you put all of these issues together, is this very wet goodnite", he continued while giving my goodnite a squeeze. "I'll give him a medication to get rid of the infection, but unless you keep your husband and step daughter in check, there's not much else to do".

My mother thanked Dr. Levy and we left the room. Once we were in the car, I asked my mother what she likes about Sam. "I'm not sure", she said. "Originally, he was a sweet guy, but lately he's been a real jerk". We ended up sitting quietly for the rest of the car ride, even when "Life Is A Highway" came on.

Two days later, my mother informed me that she was divorcing Sam. I was so excited. She asked whether I was interested in moving, as she wanted to leave all the memories of Sam behind. I jumped for joy.

We ended up moving ten minutes away from my dad's house. I started going to school with Tim. As far as the accidents, within three months, I was back in goodnites. Another five months and I was wearing training briefs to sleep. And about a year after we moved I was wearing boxers, like a normal adult. Although, whenever the stress levels were high, like around midterms and finals, I wore a goodnite to bed knowing there was a chance for a small relapse.