"Hi Honeybee," she said barely above a whisper. My cheeks immediately reddened,

"Hi Emerald..."

Sade shook her head in admiration as she boldly stared me down from head to toe. I shifted nervously under her gaze, feeling like I was her first meal after she hadn't eaten in weeks. She'd only looked at me like that one other time before and that was Halloween. I think the alcohol gave me the confidence to hold my ground because that was far from the case tonight.

She then cleared her throat as she subtly drew her bottom lip between her teeth and held out her hand,

"You ready baby?" I nodded and slightly turned to call behind me,

"Hey dad, I'm leaving! I'll call you later, love you!"

"Okay! Love you, be safe!!" he yelled from the living room.

And with that I took Sade's hand and put my bag on my other shoulder. I interlaced our fingers as I brought the back of hers to my lips and placed two tender pecks. She glanced at me, beaming from ear to ear.

"You wanna tell me where we're going now?" I asked her.

"Nope!" she laughed.

"Ughhh Sadeee!"  I groaned and dramatically let my head fall backward as she pulled me along. She just giggled at me in response.

 She just giggled at me in response

Sade's POV:

Beautiful wasn't even the word anymore. Throw that shit out the window and make a new one. Lauren was every complimentary term combined, to me. When she opened the door at her house, I'm pretty sure I forgot my own name. I'd never felt so lucky in my life.

Our food had been served about ten minutes ago and man were we chowing down. I made sure we were seated on the rooftop so there'd be a good view and pretty lights along with more privacy and less chatter. I planned everything for tonight to a T, ensuring it all went smoothly and nothing was out of place.

Lauren ordered a chicken tetrazzini dish with pasta and asparagus. It looked really good, I can't even lie. On the other hand, I went with a salmon and asparagus dish with cooked veggies and a loaded baked potato on the side. The shit was amazing. Lauren and I kept sticking our forks in each other's food to try, and neither of us seemed to mind either. She thought mine looked better but I said the same thing about hers so we eventually swapped midway through.

Leaving the restaurant, the valet parking guy pulled my car around to the front and assisted us inside. I asked Lauren if she wanted anything from the store for tomorrow morning and she shook her head with a toothless grin. She'd gotten quiet on me ever since we got in the car and I wondered what happened. I didn't wanna drive myself crazy trying to guess so I decided to just ask her.

She was gazing out of the window, seemingly in her head about something. "Honeybee?" I glanced over at her, before placing my eyes back on the road. Sitting up in her seat, she looked at me, faking a grin,