I laughed again. But then jumped on the opportunity to spam her again.

What????

No I love you??????

Wow.

I CLEARLY LOVE YOU MORE!!!!

I LOVE YOU MORE!!!!

I LOVE YOU MORE LEXI ELIZABETH GRAYSON!!!!

Lexiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Pumpkin?

Dearest girlfriend?

I know you're reading the texts.

I LOVE YOU MORE.

Finally, Lexi caved in. Ohmygod I LOVE YOU TOO. GO TO SLEEP!!

I laughed more, and then set down my phone and stared back at my painting.

Somehow, it still did not feel perfect, but I needed to stop overthinking it now. I'd already stated all over again. I couldn't do it twice. I needed to put varnish over it so I wouldn't have the option of modifying it anymore.

So, I did that and then went to sleep, trying not to be too sleep deprive for my girlfriend's birthday.

Because even if we weren't celebrating it together today, I still made a point of coming to school with a cupcake and a candle, while waiting for Lexi by her locker.

I lit up the candle, and took a deep breath and only manage to say "happy," before Lexi rushed to me, covering my mouth with her hand.

"Why are you doing this?" I mumbled in her palm, grinning.

"I will not have everyone singing Happy Birthday to me every chance they get today," she hissed at me, making me laugh.

She took her hand off, and I told her teasingly, "So, you mean to say you don't want me and the boys to break into a choreographed song in the cafeteria during lunch?"

She glared at me. "I hate singing."

"Say that again, I'll record it and send it to Vanessa."

My girlfriend rolled her eyes, unaffected. "You know what I mean."

"Come on, blow out your candle before it catches on fire."

Lexi gave me a bit of a side eye, making me laugh again, and the clasped her hands together and closed her eyes, thinking of a wish, and the opened them and blew out the candle.

I gave her the cupcake and tiny clapped, before giving her a kiss on her forehead.

Lexi chuckled at my antics.

"I wanted to have one made with like a Pumpkin concept, but then that would be more for me and less for you. I assumed you would prefer the M&Ms," I explained my choice of cupcake. Basically, the frosting part was covered with M&Ms.

"I still haven't forgiven you," she said, taking a bite from it.

My Pumpkin was clearly a sugar monster. This was waaaay too early in the morning for me to be eating sugar like this, but apparently that did not faze Lexi one bit.

I nodded. "Understandably."

"I'll still talk about this when we're gray and old."