VIII

Rolling my eyes I ignore my phone which had been ringing since last 10 minutes.

It had been 4 days since it happened.

4 days of not going to college.

4 days of ignoring my friends.

4 days of nightmares. Restless sleep. Pretty sure I resembled an undead zombie now.

4 days of constant 'what ifs' , paranoia, locking myself inside the room, spiralling destructive thoughts, hating myself for not fighting back harder.

I was tired of everything.

Besides it's not like I could ignore everything forever. Especially after the 'heartfelt' phone call my dad gave me last night regarding the college administrators complaints about his daughter not showing up to her classes for past 3 days.

Sighing I shoved the last spoon of soggy cereals into my mouth before dumping the bowl inside the sink.

The bowl clinked against other dishes as it was dropped down.

Wincing I walked out of the kitchen and ventured to the bedroom.

I'll do them later.

Taking a deep breath I threw myself over the white fluffiness and snuggled in deep.

Just for few minutes.

A lock being opened jerked me out of sleep. Grogginess lifted and panic took over me as multiple footsteps followed inside the door.

Wearily I reached for my baseball bat hidden behind the bed

"Ugh! Something died in here."

That sounds familiar.

Cautiously I stepped out of the room and into the hallway. Pin straight black hairs swayed over her shoulder as she looked around the place.

It wasn't just her.

Alex, Jason, Krystal, William, Sophie and Zack everyone was here. Alex's eyes snapped up to meet mine as soon as I walked into the living room.

His voice caught everyone's attention as 6 pairs of eyes simultaneously turned towards me. I stayed leaning against a wall and crossed my arms over my chest.

Clearing my throat I looked at Jason and Samantha "What're you guys doing here?"

I observed how her eyes lit up in fury before Jace could answer me. Yelping I ducked behind the person standing close to me, Zack, as she threw the T.V remote at me.

"Bitch! Do you have any idea how worried I was, everyone was when you didn't show up for the past three days!?" With a heavy heart I sacrifice Zack and throw him in her way as she hurled something at me again.

Behind me I heard a curse word escape his lips as whatever she threw hit the mark.

"I skipped my classes and came over to check upon you! And you have the audacity to ask why?!!" She wiggled out of Jason's grasp and came at me again.

"You refused to answer every damn phone call and ignored all the messages! Does it seem like a joke to you! Are you having fun watching me lose my shit over my careless and selfish best friend!"

A solemn expression took over my face as I listened to her.

She was right.

Running a hand over my face I pushed my curls back.

"Look, I'm sorry alright. I was just really sick these past few days. I won't do it again. I promise."

I looked over Alex's shoulder as I said those words. Slowly she seemed to calm down.