V

Tantalizing scent of coffee wafted in my nostrils making me long and crave for it's bittery sweetness in the crisp cold weather of December.

God if you're hearing this, please make him trip and land on his fingers.

Tucking a few stubborn strands behind my ear. I put my already aching fingers to work again.

It wasn't much. Just a bunch of stuff which needed the principals approval so he could use it to torture us the rest of the year.

Hmm, maybe I should give everyone a heads up..

So far he had let me work on my own without his usual remarks which I was thankful for and hoped it'd be that way until I was out of here.

I was so focused on my thoughts I didn't notice smell of coffee getting stronger around me along with a hint of cologne.

"Are you done?"

I jerked back from table caught off-guard. He caught the chair before it wheeled back and hit him in the face

Taking a deep breath to calm my racing heart I looked over my shoulder at him.

"Yeah, just give me a minute. I'll print them out."

"Hmm, let me see." slowly without removing his hands he leaned over me.

Rich spicy cologne with a hint of coffee hit me making me dizzy when he spoke next to me.

He stayed in that position as he pointed out a few mistakes and corrected them.

A mild breeze flew in through the window scattering my hairs around. My breath hitched in my throat when, gently he pushed few strands behind my ear and moved the rest slowly over my shoulder.

His presence closed in on me as he leaned in slowly. His warm breath tickled the side of my neck

Cold fingers gently touched my bare shoulders from where he had moved my hair away earlier.

My body went rigid under his touch.

Probably just a innocent move. No need to overthink things. He'll move away any second now.

Yeah. That's probably it.

Tracing a small 'o' his fingers moved around in circles as he lowly hummed looking at the screen.

Or not..

A shiver ran down my spine as his nails carefully grazed the top of my skin.

Where was he going with this?

Just as I gathered enough courage to tell him off, his touch was gone.

Exhaling deeply he left the chair and abruptly moved back to his table. "They're good."

Shaking out the chill his hot breath had left on me, I printed out the papers. Avoiding eye contact I left the papers on his desk and hurried out of the room.

I didn't even realise I was holding my breath until I exited the room. Taking a few deep breaths, I walked into the nearest washroom.

Just like I thought, my entire face was burning up.

My mind still in a daze unable to process anything.

If it wasn't for the way my skin broke out in goosebumps or the faint scratch marks on my shoulder I'd have thought I imagined the entire thing.

Splashing my face with cold water I hoped it'd reduce the blush. Taking a few more deep calming breaths I leaned my back against the counter.

Tying my hairs back up in a ponytail, I tried not to give the incident much thought. It was some stupid move on his part to scare me.