13.

It took Vegas exactly four minutes to come back. Pete stared at the clock on the wall for the entire time 'cause he simply had nothing else to do.

Vegas brought with him a plate of some curry. He walked over to the bed and set the plate down. "Can you sit up?"

Pete bit his lip nervously. He wasn't hungry at all. "Vegas, I want us to talk..."

Vegas sighed and sat down on the bed. "Eat first."

Pete looked at the food. It was curry, he liked curry a lot. But at the moment it didn't look appetizing at all. "Did you make it a while ago? It doesn't look very fresh."

Vegas sighed again as he brushed his hands through his hair. "Alright. Let's talk first then."

Pete took a deep breath. "So, you're in a mafia?"

Vegas gave a sad little smile. "I guess you could say that."

"Do.. many people know that? Because I had no idea.."

"Well, it's not really something you tell to your frie- to people.. around you.." Vegas coughed awkwardly afterwards.

Pete felt as if his veins were suddenly filled with ice. He felt his cheeks heat up. Vegas couldn't even call them friends? Was Pete the only one overthinking their relationship?

Pete sat up straight and made sure to watch Vegas' face very closely.
"Vegas, what is our relationship to you?"

Pete had decided it. Depending on what Vegas would answer to this question, he would either give his heart to him or leave this place. He wasn't going to stay still any longer.

Vegas' eyebrows twitched slightly. "We? I guess we were sex buddies, right?"

Pete shifted closer and grabbed Vegas' wrist. "Were? What about now?"

Vegas finally moved his gaze from the window to Pete's eyes. "I'm.. not sure really."

Pete felt his heart drop to his stomach. Sex buddies? That was it? So he really had been just thinking too much lately; all the extra touches, kisses and weird looks, they had meant nothing.

Pete sighed lightly. It was okay, he was going to be over this someday. That's just how things go in life. Someday he'll surely find someone way better than V-

"Pete?"

Pete sighed again and pushed the blanket aside. His body had came back to normal already so he was able to stand up from the bed.

"Pete?" Vegas repeated but stayed seated on the edge of the bed.

Pete turned to face him. He was met with a quite desperate looking Vegas.

Pete felt a lump already starting to form in his throat. He should leave as soon as possible, there was no way he was going to cry in front of Vegas ever again. He had been so pathetic way too many times, he had done everything to keep Vegas by his side but now he was going to be the one leaving.

Pete laughed dryly. "Vegas, sweetheart. Thanks for.. keeping me company these few years and.. thanks for saving me back there", Pete took a breath, "I'm going now. You don't need to take me to the front door, I'll go by myself. Live well, eat well and sleep well. Please stay alive.."
At the end of the last sentence Pete's voice cracked slightly. He knew the tears were coming so he turned around quickly and started walking.

Pete could only take one step when he was stopped. Vegas had grabbed his hand.

"Pete, look at me."

Pete's heart wanted to turn around, hear every single word he had to say and feel every single touch he was willing to make, but his brain said otherwise. Vegas isn't a good person, he doesn't mean what he says, he is doing all this just so he can keep you close to him, to toy with you.

So Pete stayed still. He didn't leave nor turn around.

Vegas decided to just speak to his back then. "You know, there is... things going on. You need to leave me eventually, and I also planned on doing that."
"Remember that day when I said I didn't want to sleep with you anymore and I said not to call me anymore? I was trying to leave you back then.. but then all this happened and now you're here- What I'm trying to say is that, let's just spend a last night together... Pete?"

Vegas must have never sounded this desperate in his life, ever. At least Pete hadn't heard it.

And Pete was crying. He just felt so confused, so lost. He sniffled before turning around and felt Vegas's grip on his hand become looser.
He was now face to face with Vegas again. Vegas wasn't crying. Of course he wasn't, Vegas never cried.

Pete searched for the right words for a moment before speaking. "Vegas... What do you mean by this?", Pete swallowed thickly, "What do you want?"

Vegas took a deep breath, he was shivering. Pete got closer and took a hold of Vegas's hands.

"Tell me now", Pete whispered, his nose touching Vegas'.

Vegas let out a trembling breath. "I'm scared Pete.. I know I haven't treated you right and I have no right to say this, but I do care about you.. And I don't want you to be in danger, that's why I can not see you again after this", Vegas cleared his throat awkwardly and looked away from Pete's eyes, "I want to make things right before I leave everything about us behind."

Pete felt like he was dreaming. Vegas was talking about his feelings..?

"Let's spend the last night then. I'll think about this tomorrow.." And so Pete leaned against Vegas's chest and let himself forget about everything else.

Vegas caressed his hair gently. Pete smiled, he felt Vegas' heart beats and they were becoming calmer beat by beat.

I wish I could die in this moment, so at least I'd die happy. Pete thought to himself. This felt unreal, being like this with Vegas. Only if the time could stop in this moment...

He raised his head after a little calming moment and let their lips naturally connect.
It was soft. It was perfect. Pete felt no lust through the kiss, only love. That's what he wished it was as well.

Something was different about everything in this today. The kiss was different and the touches were different. It felt more.. free? As if an invisible wall had broken down between them.

Pete let himself melt into Vegas. He was becoming hot. Pete started to feel the heat as well. Soon they had to move onto the bed.

Pete laid down and let Vegas take care of his clothes.

Vegas was kissing his way down Pete's torso when Pete reached out and took a hold of Vegas's jaw, stopping him for a moment.
"Hm?" Vegas hummed.

"Today... Let's make this special." Pete whispered.

"Of course.."

A/N:
I really hope I don't dissapoint y'all with this shit but I'll keep writing whenever I can bring myself to..
This is not the end yet, there's a couple of chapters I've already written and I'll upload them when the time comes
I will also write a few chapters more after them hopefully but the big plot I had for this story is not sadly going to be written
Please understand everyone🙏😩 I've done my best for this story