5.

Pete heard shuffling from behind him. He turned off the stove after just finishing the pasta. He had himself forgotten to eat today so he was mad hungry.

"Pete..", Pete turned around to the sight of a sleepy Vegas with messy bed hair rubbing his eyes.

Pete felt his cheeks heat up a bit. "What?"

"C'mere.."

With an extremely confused expression on his face, Pete got closer to the bed. The tone Vegas had used was weirdly... soft?

Pete stopped when he reached the side of the bed. His bed.
Vegas laid there under the covers with a white t-shirt on and looked up at him without breaking eye contact.

Vegas stayed silent making Pete raise one of his eyebrows in confusion. This really was confusing. What kind of a dream would the guy must have had to behave like this.

Suddenly Vegas grabbed Pete's hand and pulled him down. Pete let out an awkward noise but he didn't get to do anything else when he felt Vegas's lips on his.

Pete was frozen but Vegas kept going. With quick moves he made Pete comfortable on top of him. The kiss didn't break either.

Slowly Pete got himself together and responded to the kiss. Right now he didn't care what it was for. For sex or for fun. Peaceful kisses like these were nonexistent with Vegas.

Pete felt Vegas's hands slide up in his hair and mess it up a bit. He himself got a hold of Vegas's face. Oh, this must be what heaven felt like. He didn't remember Vegas's lips ever being this soft.

There they were. Making out on a bed while Grey was left alone in the kitchen. The grey cat seemed to be sending glares at the two. Disgusting.

Almost as quickly as it began it seemed to end as well.
Vegas pulled out first. He held a small smile on his face. "There. To thank you."

Pete was taken a back a little. "Huh?"

"A thank you. For taking care of Grey. She seemed to be doing well, so..", Vegas licked his lips and gently pushed Pete to a sitting position.

"That... was a thank you..?" Pete didn't believe his ears.

"Yeah? I thought you liked kissing me. Am I mistaken?" Vegas asked innocently. He really was the worst.

Pete blinked in disbelief for a few seconds. The earlier negative thoughts of Vegas all came flooding back, making him even more annoyed. "I- Well, yeah. I mean, if I wanted to kiss you, I'll kiss you. I wouldn't need to do you a favor to get you to kiss me, do I? Who do you take me as, Vegas?"

Vegas seemed to be quite offended. His peaceful aura turned to dark in a second. Pete knew annoying Vegas was never a good idea. Vegas didn't take anyone's shit and least likely his.

"What? What did you just say.. All I did was thank you, and you're not going to take it? You should be tearing up in gratitude by now." Vegas's tone wasn't a playful one. Anyone not familiar with him would have peed their pants already.

But Pete was tired of pretending that he couldn't stand up for himself. He was tired of listening to Vegas's nonsense. And as much as he loved him, he also hated him.

Pete sighed deeply. Slowly he opened his eyes and locked them with Vegas's fierce ones. Maybe he didn't know much about Vegas but he knew for sure how to deal with a customer...

Pete closed his eyes again and leaned in to capture those plump lips of the man in front of him. He felt Vegas's shock through the kiss. But as he had predicted, the man relaxed immediately.

Pete got back on top of the boy and started a masterpiece with his neck, sucking and biting wherever he reached.

Vegas didn't resist the tiniest bit, after all this was a very usual activity for them. It was just a very rare occasion for Pete to be the one leading.

It wasn't that Pete was bad at it. The exact opposite actually, since that was what Pete mostly did at work. Only if Vegas knew about his profession, he would be very surprised for sure.

"Vegas..."

A groan. "...yes?"

"You could- could have just... just told me "thank you"... Earlier... It would..."

"Would what.."

"It would have m-made me happier..."

Heavy breathing.

"Got it. I'll... remember it- fuck... next time..."

"Mmh.."

After about ten more minutes into the business did Pete remember something. The pasta! And right after that he remembered the cat.

Absurdly he pulled away and ran to the kitchen. Vegas was left suffering in the bed.

Grey had found a new home in the bathroom, probably due to the scene in the bedroom-kitchen area. Pete tasted the pasta and found it being not too cold.

"Vegas!"

Only grunting was heard from the bed.

"Vegas get your ass here, the pasta is still warm!" Pete called while eating.

"What pasta.. get back here idi- Pete..." Vegas's desperate voice came as a low huffle.

"Oh, you know my name now. Earlier all you said was fuck. Put some pants on and come here." Pete almost chuckled but held it in. Oh, how he loved to torture the poor boy.

Finally Vegas struggled his way over. "What was that for?"

"For being an ass. We're even now okay?" Pete said and held his hand out. He was nowhere near angry at the boy anymore.

"Yeah, whatever", Vegas shook the hand making Pete smile widely.

"I got something to ask you though", Pete stated. He already discovered that the peck in the morning definitely wasn't because of Vegas's feelings so he skipped that question.

"I wanna know... What was it earlier today? With you bringing Grey here and that guy who came to my door... What was that about?" Pete asked carefully. He was prepared to not get anything out of the guy, but it was always worth trying.

Vegas stopped chewing for a second and raised his gaze from the fork to Pete's face. "Honestly... I don't think you should know."

Oh, so they just weren't in that kind of a relationship to share these things. Or did Vegas not trust Pete? Probably both.

Pete only nodded slowly. Of course he wouldn't pressure Vegas into telling him. After all, it must be a rather personal thing.

"But... It's not gonna happen again. They won't come here again, so don't worry." Vegas said confidently. Pete seemed quite shocked. Those were some nice words.

"It's no-"

"When I wanted to thank you earlier..." Vegas cleared his throat awkwardly, "I also wanted to apologize. It must have been... scary for you..?"

All Pete could do was stare and blink. Was this really the same Vegas in front of him saying all these thoughtful things? And Pete had thought that the man didn't have a brain nor a heart.

"It must have been... scary for you..?"

The last sentence made Pete's ears red. He had forgotten how he cried to the phone back then. How embarassing..

Finally Pete got himself together and cleared his throat as well. This had become awkward.

"Hey you, don't apologize to me, okay? It wasn't r-"

"Okay, I won't." Vegas said with no emotion anymore and continued eating.

Pete was once again left staring. This boy really was a strange one. But whatever, they had just had a normal conversation after so long. Pete had a good feeling about this.

A/N
Writing this just confirmed that I'm never going to write smut🥲 I just physically cannot