11.

Pete tried to get into a better position in the tiny sofa but every little movement hurt really bad. Silver also watched his every move with those big alert eyes, it felt uncomfortable.

"Are you done soon?" Pete looked up to the boy's eyes. They were almost closed, he seemed tired, his eyebags were also huge.

"Y-yeah, I'm done, you can start", why did he almost pity the ugliness in front of him? It wasn't like he himself had gotten some good quality sleep last night. God knows how horrible it was sleeping on a cold beton floor with a most likely broken back.
It was probably because the boy was so damn young. His motherness just kicked in.

"Never order me around again. Anyway, as I know, you're Mr. Bitchass Vegas's wife of some sort, so I'm gonna ask you some questions."

Silver kept his expression icy cold. "You probably know better than anyone about Vegas's position under Mr. Theerapanyakul. So it's the same whether I ask him or you. Where are you hiding Tom?"

Theerapanyakul..? Theerapanyakul.. Was it.. was he really talking about that.. that mafia?
So Vegas indeed was.. Pete didn't know what to answer. "Who?"

"Tom. Don't play dumb right now, I can always break your nose again if you don't want to cooperate."

Pete cleared his throat quietly. Who the fuck was Tom? What was he supposed to say?

"U-um.. Look. Me and Vegas, we are not dating and I.. I have no idea who that Tom is. I'm serious", Pete looked him in the eye and tried to sound as sincere as possible.

Silver's face got red in a second.

*Sigh* It wasn't sincere enough for that bitch.

He grabbed Pete's collar and shouted something vague that Pete couldn't hear over the wave of pain that came with the boy shaking him aggressively.

The boy kept shouting and also started to pull Pete's hair, tufts of hair came off.
Everything sounded distant, the pain became numbness, it felt like a fever dream. Soon enough Pete passed out.

~

"If you wanted to discuss about that, have it out with me, why drag him into this?!"

Sniffling. Inaudible mumbling.

A chuckle.

"You're such a loser aren't you?"

Silence.
"So, where is he..?"

"He's dead."

Loud rustling and a thud.
"You deserve it after what you did to him, you piece of shit!"

Pete felt a cold hand on his forehead. "Pete?"

Gosh, the headache was unbearable.

Vegas's hand moved to check his pulse. Pete heard him let out a breath.
Vegas gently touched his cheeks and his broken nose. It didn't hurt at all.

Pete didn't want to open his eyes just yet. He heard Vegas hum something quietly as he trailed his fingers along Pete's nose bridge, then lips, eyelids, eyebrows.. He then moved on to caress his hair. It was probably dirty, he must look absolutely horrible but Vegas didn't seem to mind.

Pete felt Vegas lean closer and put his lips on top of Pete's, slightly touching. "Pete, please wake up.."

Pete was so surprised by the action that he accidentally opened his eyes. Right in front of his eyes were Vegas's eyes wide open from shock.

Vegas quickly stumbled away.

Pete raised his head slowly, he was still laying on the sofa. Silver was on the floor, he seemed unconscious. He had a big purplish bruise on his jaw and blood coming from his nose.