Accident -3

"scalpel"Mahir said and the nurse handed him that over.

"Push oxygen to 65"Mahir instructed and another nurse did as said.

Mahir was busy in one of his surgeries,it wasn't a scheduled surgery rather it was an accident case,a truck driver hit a bus really bad,the bus driver suffered major brain injuries and was currently in surgery.

"5 hours and 51 mins into surgery"The anesthesiologist said and Mahir and the other two residents sighed.

"Internal bleeding in the left side of the brain removed successfully"The resident said.

"Can't reattach this part of the skull again,we need to use a fibre,will have to do another surgery once this heals and then reattach the skull part"Mahir said and the residents nodded.

"6 hours and 30 mins in the surgery"The anesthesiologist said.

"Done,do the closing and ask Dr.Dheer to monitor the patient for the next 24 hours,rest scrub out after wrap up"Mahir said and the two residents nodded while another doctor did the closing and Mahir left.

He had just came out of the OT and had not even changed from his overalls when he was approached by Shivaay,Kunj,Rudra,Ritik,Adi all at once.

"Kya hua h???"Mahir asked them.

"Woh bhabhi ko fever aaya h aisa bola doctor ne,but unko ventilatior pr rakha h!!!!"Shivaay said the last part with worry evident in his voice.

Mahir stood rooted on his place,he didn't knew what happened while he was in surgery,he can't loose his calm right now,he needs to go and check what the matter was.

He left from there and immediately changed his OT overalls and thoroughly washed his hands and then changed into his clothes and immediately made his way towards the ICU were Bela was kept.

His whole family as well as the whole Singhaniya's were sitting outside the ICU, Bela's mother and dadi were in tears,while all the males looked tensed and worried,as soon as everyone saw him they all rushed towards him.

"Mahir,Bela ko ventilator pr kyu lagaya h doctor ne???dekho na beta???kya hua h usse?? Bela's mother asked with tears in her eyes.

"Mom,aap roiye mat mein dekhta hu,aap chinta mat kijiye"Mahir said as he wiped her tears and she cried on his chest,he patted her back to calm her down.

Bela's dadi too cired while her father and grandfather sported a tensed look.

"Kya hua h usse?? doctor hume usse dekhne bhi nhi de rahe h??"Andy asked anxiousness evident in his voice.

"Bhai,bhabhi thik ho jayengi na??"Ishan asked teary eyed,he came in the afternoon to check on Bela and heard that she was put on ventilator,and since then he is crying.

"Aap sab log plzzz shant ho jaiye,mein check krke batata hu aapko,chinta mat kijiye"Mahir said and nodded at Bela's mother and asked her not to cry anymore.

He then sanitised himself and then wore a mask and then entered the ICU.

"What's the status??"Mahir asked to Dr.Veer who was the ER incharge.

"Sir,the patient acquired fever in the morning,the temperature was 100°F at first but then it rised to 102°F,we are checking the temperature every hour,we have injected
acetaminophen,but then she wasn't able to breathe properly due to her punctured lungs,we had to then put her on ventilator,she has been on it since 5 hours now,their is no problem since,fever to likely go down in a few hours"The doctor finished speaking and Mahir nodded.

"Visitors not allowed since chances of infection are more prone now"The doctor added because he knew Bela was his wife and so he had denied his boss's family from visiting her.