Bonfire

MalPOV

      My team meets in the hall outside my door to go to the welcome party together. This is nothing new for us. A bonfire is our weekly ritual back home as a way for everyone to relax and have some fun. Some of us bring food while some brings music. Hannah let it slip one time that I love to sing and the guys begged me to sing for them. How can you say no to that many puppy dog eyes? From then on, I sing at least once every time we have one. Luckily there is no guitar in sight among the guys.

       We make our way out the backdoor and head over to the blazing fire. There is tables lined up to the left with food and drinks that already has hungry wolves filling their plates. Speakers are set up around the area playing music and some people are dancing along. As we get there, some of my team goes to the tables while the rest stay with me.

      Looking around the area to make sure the area is guarded, I spot Ollie and Emma. Emma turns and sees me standing with the guys then starts walking my way. Ollie has a smile on his face when he notices me still scoping the place. "Don't worry about that. I have that covered and have fifty wolves around the perimeter."

"I don't know what you are talking about Ollie. Just looking at all the trainees for the summit," I lie. Ollie just give me a "yeah right" look. We have a mini stare off but after a few minutes I give up. "Okay. Okay. Maybe I was but you can never be to safe."

"Gets you every time midget. My dad told me it still works on you," he laughs. Quickly linking Uncle Nick telling him he's in trouble when I get back, I glare at Ollie.

"Don't call me midget," I tell him as I step forward. I see Emma take a few steps to the side while trying not to laugh.

"Oh yeah. What are you going to do about it shorty?" Ollie goes a step further and pats my head.

"I'll show you what this shorty can do," I say as I tackle him. Ollie try's to get me off but I have the upper hand. As I am about to win, the smell of my mate hits my nose. I look around to see where he is and hoping to get a glimpse of him. Ollie takes advantage of the distraction and pins me to the ground.

"I win," he smiles. "I never win against you. This is going on the calendar."

      I'm not really paying attention to him as Gwen is pushing me to find her mate. No matter where I look though, he is nowhere to be seen. Where is he? There must have been something in my eyes and Ollie let's me up.

"He will be here in a minute. Alexander is double checking patrols to insure nothing can get through." Is Ollie a mind reader or something? "You left your lock down. So no I'm not technically a mind reader.. well kind of but not the way you were thinking." I just punch his arm and proceed to look around the area. I'm also hoping to not see anyone I know from Silver Moon.

      Scanning to my right, I see the blonde from earlier. Her back is to me and talking to some males that look invested in whatever she's saying. One of the guys turn around and my heart stops. It is Kyle, Peters best friend and soon to be beta. If he is here then so is Peter. Kyles looks towards my group and does a double take with shock. As I turn away to talk to the guys, I see him bend down to talk to some one.

"They are here," was all I said to Hannah and Bryce. They look behind me and anger covers their faces. Everyone is looking confused and hoping for me to explain.

"Who?" Bruce asks putting his hand on my shoulder. I look at him hoping my expression said it all.

      Taking a deep breath to answer but I get stopped by my name being called out from behind. Sending a quick glance at Bruce I turn around. Gasps could be heard as well as the whispers. They are either asking about if it's really me or why I was with the Royal trainers. Looking directly at the person approaching I see it's none other than Peter Rollins. The closer he gets, the more tension I feel from the guys.