She's stronger than you think

Peter POV

When I woke up this morning, Max was pacing around in my head anxious. I ignored it until after breakfast and was walking to my truck to go get the guys for school.

"What is your deal this morning Max?" I ask. His pacing is kind of giving me a headache.

"I don't know but I feel like something is going to happen today. I just don't know what," Max replies.

"Can you stop pacing though? I'm getting a headache," I ask. He just huffs at me and goes to the back of my mind.

I stop and pick up Ted first, then Jason and Kyle. As we are driving to school we see "freak show" walking down the sidewalk. Mal is a disgrace to the werewolf world. Most wolf-less either commit suicide or goes to live among the humans. We don't even think twice about shouting out our normal nicknames for her.

Mal and me was friends at one point. Then we got to high school. I was more interested in image and parties where she was more into studies. It was good until she didn't shift. What an embarrassment.

As soon as we get to school, I see Allison coming my way. We have been together for a while now but I know she just wants to be Luna. Not that I will make her my Luna, she is just good at satisfying my needs.

We were in our group when the smell of strawberries hits my nose. The scent has Max jumping around yelling "Mate! Mate! Mate!" I look around to find the person that has the intoxicating scent when I spot Mal approaching the group. As soon as our eyes meet I feel the bond. Oh no! I can't have her as a mate. She is weak and wolf-less. I made up my mind to reject her right then.

All my friends look shocked when she said mate. Allison clutches my arm tighter and gives an almost inaudible growl. When I tell Mal to follow me Allison start to whine.

"I am going to reject her baby. Don't worry. I'm still yours," I whisper in her ear and smile at her. She gets the biggest smile on her face and looks smugly at Mal.

As soon as we get a little ways into the woods, I turn around and face Mal. She is just looking at me with no emotion. Proceeding to reject her I even tell her to off herself. This whole time Max is angry and shouting at me to take it back. He will just have to get over it.

She placed her hand on her chest like she was feeling the pain of the bond breaking and I smiled. What surprised me was when she just looked at me and said "okay" and accepted it. Right then I felt the worst pain I have ever felt. I could literally feel my heart breaking. I look up to see is she is in pain as well but she is fine. She looks at me then disappears. What just happened? How could she move that fast with no wolf?

My friends find me and help me to the nurses office so I could calm down before I go to class. The rest of the day goes by smoothly.

When I walk into the pack house I'm faced with angry parents. "Office. Now," my dad says and turns around to go down the hall. We get there and I take a seat in one of the chairs in front of his desk. He sit behind his desk and mom stand beside him.

"Care to tell me what happened today?" My dad asks.

"Well I went and got the boys, went to school, then came home." That was a weird question. I'm really hoping he doesn't know about the rejection.

"Is that so? Well what happened between you and Mal? And DON'T lie to me," my dad says with a hard look. Oh shit!

"Mmmhm," I clear my throat preparing for this. "She walked up to me thinking we are mates. I rejected her on the spot because I need a strong Luna, not some weak wolf-less girl who can't even fight." As soon as the words left my mouth dad growls and jumps up. This time he looks like he could kill me.

"You foolish boy! She is not weak and for your information she does have a wolf. Her wolf was just not wanting to show herself at the time and was shy. She also knows how to fight. Maverick has been training her since she was 6 years old. She has more training than you since you didn't start to train until you turned 11. I thought we taught you better than this! Why would you reject your goddess given mate?" My dad yells.

"She never defends herself or let us know she had a wolf. If she did then it would be different .It's not like she will be my only mate! I will look for my second chance mate or take a chosen mate. I don't see the big deal about this," I defend myself.

"NO BIG DEAL? You just rejected someone who would have made this pack better inside and out. The matter of her not defending herself is because Maverick trained her to be a killing machine and didn't want to hurt anyone. He calls her his Little Sarah Connor. Do you know where that name comes from?" He asks. I shake my head no. "The female character from "The Terminator 2"  and let me tell you, Mal earned that name. Oh and before I forget, if I hear anything else about any bullying going on, the perpetrators will be punished accordingly." Hold on a second. Did that bitch snitch on us?

"I can't believe she snitched! As soon as I get my hands on that.." I'm interrupted by my fathers loud growl.

"First of all she didn't WANT to tell me. She didn't tell me until today when I asked her what happened. She didn't want to cause problems or get anyone in trouble. Second, you will not call her any more names or lay a finger on her. You and her were best friends until you both turned 16 and you thought you were higher than her and everyone else. You are not the son I raised or I thought I raised. So with that said you will not be taking over the pack in two months on your birthday. Seems like you still have some growing up to do," he says to me.

"No! You can't do that!" I stand up and yell.

"I can and I will. Do not test me boy. I will not allow this pack to perish due to your big ego," he says with black eyes. Shit! He is really pissed.

My mom places a hand on dads shoulder and he instantly starts to calm down. She then looks at me. "As of right now, you are grounded until further notice. Hand over your keys and cards. The only reason you have your phone is because you textbooks are on there. You will help clean as well as some other chores. An extra training session will be added to your training."

"That's not fair! I have Teds party this weekend for his birthday!" This is bull shit! "What if I apologize for my actions? I'll go get her right now!" I say as I move to the door.

"You will do no such thing. Plus she is already gone," dad says. Wait what?

"What do you mean she's gone?" I ask then run out of the office. Not stopping until I reach her house, I barge in the front door. There's no sound anywhere except my breathing.

I follow her scent down the hall to her room and open it. The only thing there is her bed, dresser, and desk. Other than that it is completely bare. No trace of her at all. As I'm walking out I spot something behind the dresser. When I pull it out, it is a picture of Mal, Hannah, and Bryce. Why did I never realize how beautiful she was. I really messed up.