Birthday Mate Madness

MalPOV

  -12years later

  Beep! Beep! Beep!

I fling my hand out from my blanket cocoon and reach blindly for that annoying thing. Anita got it for me when I accidentally overslept a few times and was late for school. I finally find it and smack it to turn it off.

Let me formally introduce myself. My name is Malisa but everyone calls me Mal. All the kids love it because of the Disney movie "Descendants". It also doesn't help I love purple and got purple highlights. I wear purple all the time not only because I love it but also for the pups. Today is my 18th birthday and I get to see if I can find my mate. It also means that I can go home now to my parents. Will they be proud of me?

"Don't worry Mal. Even if we don't find our prince, we still can go home to mom and dad," Gwenivere says to me. Gwen is my wolf and I got her on my 10thbirthday. Alpha Fredrick let us go to the bunkers behind the packhouse for my shift. We did this because we didn't want anyone knowing who I actually am by seeing my wolf. She is pure white with bright yellow eyes. My eyes would be a dead giveaway due to only the royal family has yellow eyes. Everyone in the pack just thinks I'm wolf-less. With that comes being shunned and bullied. I mainly get shoved around and called names. Before I was 16 I was great friends other the alpha and beta kids. After I "didn't" shift, they turned on me. Oh how I wish they could know the truth.

"You know we can't do that Mal. I wish so to so we can shut them up but we can't," Gwen tells me.

"I know Gwen. It's just a wish," I say to her.

"A very good wish. However, they will see soon enough that what they did was wrong and will be begging you for forgiveness," Gwen says. Good point.

I roll myself out of bed and get ready for the day. I decide to wear a black tank top with a purple leather jacket over it. My pants are black leather pants paired with purple combat boots. I straighten my hair and apply a little makeup. Unlike most of the girls in the pack, I don't like a lot of makeup. The cake face is not for me. Aunt Anita says I have the "badass" look.

"Sweetheart! Are you up?" Aunt Anita calls from down the hall. I walk out of my room to see her with her hands behind her back. Uh oh! What does she have?

"Yes as you can see Aunt Anita. What is behind your back?" I ask with caution. We normally pull pranks on each other and sometimes it ends with one of us wearing food of some kind. One time I walked out the bathroom after a shower just to have flour dumped on me from a bucket above the door. I had to shower a second time and so did Maverick after I tackled him.

"Just your birthday present," Aunt Anita says with a mischievous smile. Hmmm.. should I trust this or run? If it is a prank, I am already coming up with ideas for revenge. Hot pink dye in her shampoo since she has blonde hair and hates pink, squirrel in her room, or itching powder in her undies. That last one I could get Maverick also.

Saint Anita pulls an envelope from behind her back and hands it to me. I slowly take it and cautiously open it hoping there isn't a spider in it. Last time that happened I ended up on a chandelier pulling a Sia. Thankfully there is only a piece of paper in it. Thank the goddess! When I unfold the paper, my eyes go wide.

"No freaking way! You got me a travel size recording set up?" I ask loudly. I have always loved music. My songbook stays with me at all times. Another reason is that my mother gave it to me the day we had to flee the palace. I have a connection to music and feel all the emotions behind the notes.

"Yes we did. It's Fredrick, Maverick, and my gift to you sweetheart. We knew you have been wanting one and have been saving up for it," aunt Anita says as she hugs me.