A New Beginning

Mal POV

After a long, tiresome 8 hour drive we finally make it to the Royal Pack. All I could think about is "wow this place is still huge!" Maverick pulls around to the side entrance where we see someone standing. Looking closer I see that it's Lawrence, the palace head butler.

"Welcome to the Royal Palace! And.." he lowers his tone with a slight bow, "welcome back my lady." The claps his hands together twice signaling people to come retrieve our things. "The king and Queen are, unfortunately, busy for the moment but are happy you are here. Please follow me. I will show you your rooms." He turns around and walks inside.

We follow him inside and I wonder how his family is. Lawrence has been with my family for a longtime now. If my math is correct, he is around 150 years old no but still looks in his early thirties. That's the thing about werewolves. They live a long time and the oldest elder on the council is around 300 years old. We tend to age a lot slower than most supernatural beings.

Lawrence leads us to our rooms and told us to meet him in the foyer in about 15 minutes. I walk into my room and look around. It's not my normal room but it will work just the same. There is a queen size bed with lavender colored bedding that sits in the middle of the far wall with two bedside tables. To my left is a desk as well as a couch and tv. On my right is a set of doors that lead to the bathroom and closet with a dresser placed between them. The two windows on the far side are decorated with lavender curtains and leads to a balcony.

As I am looking around my door opens. Anita walks in and shuts the door behind her. "I know this isn't your actual room but don't worry sweetheart. Follow me over here." She walks to the door that is for the closer and opens it. There is already clothes in it but ignores them and goes to the backwall. With a push, the wall gives to a passageway. Memories of that night appear in my head but I shake them away and follow her in.

We walk for about 5 minutes before we come to a door. Anita looks at me with a smile and opens the door to reveal my old room.

"The other room is a decoy for everyone that doesn't know who you really are for now. Your parents, a handful of trusted maids, and myself are the only ones with a key to this room. When you are in here, your parents don't want you to open the door under any circumstance. Sadly it will belike this until your announcement ball when that time comes. What do you think princess?" Anita asks with bright eyes.

Tears start to fill my eyes at the memories from this room. My mom reading me bedtime stories while my dad sings very loud and very off key to make me laugh. The days Ollie and me would just hang out and play. As the memories flood in, I feel finally home. "It's perfect! I'm so glad to finally be where I belong Aunt Anita."

"I'm glad sweetheart. However, unless we are behind closed doors, you have to call me Lady Anita or Mrs. Anita. That way you are kept safe and no one starts to ask questions," Anita says and hugs me. All that I can think of it's finally happening. "Okay Ms. Mal. We need to get going to meet with Lawrence. Let's head back through the passage." I nod and follow her out.

In the hallway we are met with Maverick, Hannah, and Bryce. Hannah gives me a big hug when she sees I'm getting nervous. Linking her arm with mine, we all start down the hall. In the foyer Lawrence is already there waiting on us. He gives a slight bow and turns to go down the hall off to the left. I recognize this hallway as the one that leads to my dads office. My heart starts to race the closer we get.

"Calm down Mal. We can do this," Gwen assured me.

"But what if they are disappointed that I'm their daughter? What if I'm not to the point they want me to be at? What if.." I start to rush out but Gwen's growl stops me.