Rejecting fate

Mal POV

Peter looks at me with hate instead of affection. Not a big surprise there. The guy turned from the sweet boy I knew to a evil idiot.

"Let's get this as over with," he says. "I, Peter Rollins, future alpha of Silver Moon, reject you. Malisa Benson as my mate and future Luna. You aren't fit to lead the pack let alone a team of omegas." He pauses and continues with "You should just do us all a favor and off yourself. No one will want you and no human would want a freak show like you."

I feel the bond weaken and I put my hand on my chest to try to dull the pain. But I won't show him I feel it. Peter just looks at me with a smile on his face. My pain makes him happy. Hmm.. we'll get ready for pain Mr. Rollins.

"Okay. I accept your rejection Peter Rollins," I say with more strength than he thought I would have. He instantly frowned and then doubled over clutching his chest. I hear footsteps running towards us as his friends come help their screaming friend. I look at Peter one more time before I take off home at supernatural speed.

As soon as I walk in, Aunt Anita come out the kitchen looking concerned." Mal, why are you home so early?"

"I met my mate," I say. Before I can continue she starts squealing.

"Oh my gosh! Honey that is so great. I need to meet this lucky man. We can contact your parents and tell them that.." she starts gushing but I interrupt her.

"He rejected me." As soon as I say this she's immediately stills and looks at me with disbelief. Five seconds later her face morphs into anger as her eyes glaze over indicating she was mind linking. About 2 minutes later, Uncle Maverick busts in the house followed by Alpha Fredrick.

"What do you mean you were rejected," they all ask at the same time. Wow, that was creepy.

"I found my mate and he immediately rejected me because he thinks I'm wolf-less. He told me I was unfit to be his mate and I should off myself because no one will ever want me," I say nonchalantly. As soon as I say this I hear three growls that shake the house.

"Gwen? Are you okay?" I ask my wolf.

"Yes. I'm fine. His wolf, Max, was trying to apologize for his idiotic human." Gwen retreats a little into my mind but not to far.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by Alpha Fredrick kneeling in front of me. "Who rejected you Princess?" He says this low enough only we can hear incase someone was outside. Should I tell him?

"Yes he needs to know," Gwen says to me. She has grown a soft spot for the Alpha and Luna.

"It was Peter. He may be a little cranky when he gets home. I accepted his rejection right after," I tell him. I see his eyes turn black groom anger but I know it's not towards me.

"That foolish boy. And here I thought he was getting better. Why did he say such mean things to you? I thought you were friends?" He asks. Well, I can't avoid telling him now.

"Alpha Fredrick, him and the others in the pack have been treating me like I'm lower than a rogue. This has been happening for the last 2 years since they think I didn't shift," I tell him. I'm about to be leaving and I also wasn't going to like to him. When I finished my answer he let out aloud growl.

"I will take care of this. Bullying will not be tolerated in my pack. Why didn't you come to me and tell me?" He was hurt and angry at the same time.

"I didn't tell you because I needed to lay low. Causing an issue like that would have just made it worse as well as put me on everyone's radar. I wish I could have came to you but I couldn't Uncle Freddy," I tell him as I take his hands in mine. "I will be eternally grateful for all you have done for Anita, Maverick, and me. It saddens me to say this but it's time for me to return to the Royal Pack and train to take my birthright. I do hope to see you when the big event happens."

He pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. "You bet your short self I will definitely be there. As well as Britt. We love you like your are our daughter. If you need anything, please let me know." He turns to leave when I stop him.

"Alpha, if I may ask, can I bring Hannah and Bryce with me?" I wait with baited breath for his answer.

He smiles "Of course you can. They would follow you whether you like it or not. I'll mindlink the principal to send them here. Now if you would excuse me I have a ignorant pup that needs to be put in his place when he gets home." With that he walks out the door. I turn to Anita and Maverick and give a small smile.

"Well let's get packing. I would like us to get on the road in about 3 hours. Let's get to it," Maverick says with a smile.

I'm up in my room when I hear people running up to the house. Before I could look out the window, my door flies open revealing Hannah and Bryce.

"Oh my gosh Mal! I was worried when Peter came back and you didn't. I heard what happened and I'm so sorry," Hannah says as she pulls me into a hug. Bryce joins as well. Bryce is 6'6" with red hair and bright green eyes. He has muscles for days and all the girls flirt with him which seems to get on Hannah's nerves. I wonder if she had better luck than me?

"Hannah, did you meet your mate today?" As soon as I ask this her and Bryce look at each other then back at me. "No freaking way! You are mates? I'm so excited for the both of you! I call dibs on godmother and Aunt!"

They laugh at me but stop when they finally look at my room that is filled with 3 duffle bags with all my clothes in them. My room is also bare of any pictures or my musical equipment.

"Are you leaving us Mal?" Bryce asks sadly.

"Actually WE are leaving if you want to come with," I specified. They look at each other and smile from ear to ear.

"Hell yes! Just real quick, where is it we are going to?" Hannah asks.

I look at her and give a mischievous smile. "The Royal Pack. My Aunt is originally from there and wants to go back. I will also train to be in the Royal Army."

"I thought you didn't have a wolf?" Leave it to Bryce to ask the obvious question. Before I could make an answer Anita walks in.

"We can go ahead and tell them. But we will have to swear them to secrecy." She turns to Hannah and Bryce. "Do you solemnly swear to not speak of what you are about to hear and keep it a secret until told otherwise? Keep in mind, disobeying this oath can result in death."

Hannah and Bryce look slightly scared but shake it away and say "we solemnly swear so to do."

Anita looks at me and nods for me to explain. "You both know I came here when I was 6." They both nod. "The thing you don't know is that Anita isn't really my Aunt and I'm not from Blue Creek pack. I had to flee my pack and leave my parents due to rogues wanting me dead. I am actually from the Royal Pack and my real name is Malisa Hanson. I am actually next in line for the throne."

I hold my breath as I wait for their reaction. They are just staring at me then all of a sudden take a knee in front of me. "We pledge our lives and loyalty to you, your highness." Tears well in my eyes as I make them get up. All I could do is smile and hug them.

All of a sudden Hannah grabs my shoulders. "My best friend is a princess. My bestie is THE princess! You aren't getting rid of me. Not even in your dreams Bish! Bryce we need to hurry and go pack!" She drags him with looking shocked and slightly scared from her outburst.

About an hour later we are loaded and ready to leave. Peter should be about to arrive at the pack house. I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see that ass chewing. Oh well. I have better things to do such as seeing the two people I have been wanting to be back with for 12 years now.

After we were on the road for an hour Anita turns to me. "I have informed the King and Queen that we are returning. They are beyond excited to see you but we have to do Plan B like we discussed." I nod and turn to my best friends.

"When we arrive, no one is to know about who I really am. Everyone will be under the assumption that I am a distant relative to the royals and want to train to join the Royal Army. Just call me Mal and act like we always did back at Silver moon. And for the love of all things holy NO bowing!" They just look at me like "duhh" and we bust out laughing

I'm coming home mom and dad!