Pack hospital

Mal POV

Bruce was running full speed to the pack hospital and all I could think of was "why is he freaking out?" I decide to look down and see claw marks across my stomach and blood was gushing out of me. Well that sucks! I lookback at Bruce to see him calm but I see panic in his eyes. Why is he panicking about a scratch?

"We have earned his respect and loyalty from the fight. His wolf and him now feel protective of us," Gwen tells me panting.

"Gwen, are you okay? And why does he feel protective of us? We are not mates," I say confused.

"I am fine. I talked to his wolf Gatson after the fight. One of the reasons he was so mad was because you remind him of his sister. Then there is also the being beat by a girl thing. Bruce and Gatson have appointed themselves as our big brother. That is if we allow it. They just want to make sure it's okay first," Gwen explains. "Also, Mal, the reason I am panting is because that wolf had his claws dipped in poison."

I look up to Bruce and come to my decision. I can see ,now that I'm up close to him, that he is in pain. It's not a great feeling to feel pain but not know who could help you get over it. Even though our pains are different, we are going through the same thing. We get to the clinic and he starts yelling for someone as he takes me to a room.

I feel the cold mattress of the bed as he sets me down in the clinic and shiver. Wrong move because that made my stomach hurt. "Holy SHIT! That hurts!" Bruce rushes over and tries to help me sit up a little. I just shake my head.

"Bruce, I want you to know that the answer to you question is yes. You can be a big brother tome but you have to work for it. It will be hard because I'm not used to opening up or trusting people. Are you willing to put in the work?" I watch him as I ask this. At first he is shocked then it changes to happy determination.

"I am definitely willing. I'm the same way too. Ever since my sister.." he pauses and sighs. "I haven't been me for a long time. I think we could help heal each other."

"Awesome. I have always wanted a brother. The closest I ever got was Ollie. He was always.." I get cut off by a burning pain shooting through my body.

"MAL! What's wrong? Where does it hurt?" Bruce asks trying to find any new wounds.

My vision starts to darken and I only manage to say "poison" before everything went black.

       * * *

I can hear a faint beeping and voices. I try to move but it's like I'm being held down. The darkness is embracing me and not wanting to let go. With as must strength as I could muster I push the darkness away and a light appears. As I get closer the voices get clearer.

"When will she wake up doc?" I hear a familiar voice ask. Where do I know that voice? Hold on.. I know who it is. Bruce's voice is filled with worry and it pains me to hear him like that.

"We have successfully removed the wolfsbane from her system and should wake up soon. By the looks of it her wounds are almost healed. I would say anytime now." I hear the doctor say.

"Thank you Doc. We appreciate all you have done," I hear what sounds to be my dad say. Now I have to wake up. Pushing closer and closer to the light I finally make it.

I slowly open my eyes just to shut them again because it's bright. Blinking to adjust to the light and to focus my eyes, I see my parents at the end of the bed. Bruce is sitting in a chair close to my bed and looks like he hasn't slept at all. Anita and Maverick are on the couch to my right talking. When I move my hand all eyes land on me.