Chapter X| First Kiss

A O' N U N G
First Kiss
PT2

TORUK MAKTO AND HIS MATE offer my dad and me to sleep the night, saying we can depart early rise tomorrow. Dad swoons with the idea as he is weary and I swoon too, wanting more time, at least one more day with Neteyam before I can't see him again.

The clan offers us a place to sleep in one of their unused triangular Marui and some of their leftovers (which I have grown to relish).

At first, I am eerie by all the cobalt blue that shrouds me with its prying gapes. Every Na'vi is on guard. Yet, they don't attack, and nor do they glower as I expected them to. Their query stares falter and they prove to be rather sociable and helpful. I am relieved.

During dinner, Neteyam and I chitter away. He laughs and I laugh, he smiles and I smile. His ears perk and mines perk also. I mirror his every motion. As he blabs blithely about whatnot, I only stare fondly with my eyes wide, taking in every side and every glint of his face. Every flick of glee in his eyes and every flick of his hair.

I barely blink. My gaze is strong, drilling against his skull as I ingest his beauty. My heart flips and turns. I am warmer than the humid atmosphere of the forest or the scorching bonfires that caress my skin with burns.

"You remember what I told you—about you never forgetting me?" He asks.

I stifle a chuckle and roll my eyes, "What about it?"

"It still stands. Don't forget me," He says.

I cross my arms, "And if I do?" I retort for fun.

"I will visit just to strangle you."

"Woah!" I laugh, "That's not very friendly."

I halt after my laughter dies, and ponder, before continuing: "But when you're older, visit me. I will be waiting for you. My clan will know about you."

He extends his fist and I lift mine. We fist bump. It's our sacred thing.

"I promise I will," He firmly states. I grin.

"Before I officially leave tomorrow, I want us to go back to the pond for a little bit," I pause as he nods. "But for now, I want you to follow me somewhere."

I don't wait for his reply as I shortly duck, away and far from every Na'vi. He trails behind me, our steps crunchy against the grains of soil. I usher Neteyam to some plants and small trees that aren't far, but far enough for privacy. Our conversation can't be heard from here.

"Before I leave, I want to make things clear—" I start. My hands grab the sides of his face, and my stomach melts upon the heat beneath my palms. My heart is tapping like crazy and my eyes dilate as if I'm going feral. I inch my face closer to his, eyeing his tempting blue lips which are agape. I can only think of how cute his two front teeth are.

"I think our feelings are mutual and—stop me if you don't like it," I whisper.

His warm breaths pummel my lips. I pucker them, ever so slowly creeping forward and forward—until my lips meet his.

My body burns as I heave loudly, my grip tightening around his face. His lips are hard as they press against mine. We tug on each other's bottom lip and my stomach puddles with a warm feel that itches my lower abdomen. It's sizzling. He moans lowly and grips my neck hard.

I tilt his head and shove my tongue inside his throat. I suck and lick on his tongue, which imperils to dominate over mines. My ears pin back as my feeble legs feel like giving out.

We part our salivated lips and stare into each other's drowsy eyes. He leans his head on my shoulder and I caress his braids. He puts a hand on my chest, above my feverish heart.

"What made you not leave?" He blurts out.

"You. I didn't want to leave without coming forth about my feelings, knowing I'd never see you again. I wandered around nearby, waiting for you to show up, and you did—with father," I admit. "I know it's early, but I wanna mate you in the future. I want you to be mine."

"I will gladly be yours, despite the consequences to come," He replies, his nose heaving a puff as his ears perk and maybe he is smiling. I grin, and grasp his chin, locking our lips once again. This time, he leads our sluggish rhythm.

"I see you," I breathe out once we part.

"I see you," He croons, his thumb caressing my cheeks. He kisses my neck, his fingers fiddling with my loose curls. I cock my head to one side and let out a quiet moan. My large hands run down his back, trailing down his arch.

"Let's go back before they think you're missing again," He says with an airy chuckle.

I nod, and take his hand, entwining our fingers. I stare at his face and smile as he stares at our locked hands. I can only think then about how much I fancy this boy. I am in love.

As I guide him back, I can sense his sharp eyes drilling down my frame. It gives me goosebumps and drives my mind crazy. I am inclined to sway my hips more. I sway my tail the hardest it has ever swayed.

We part our fingers. My palms all of a sudden feel cold. The tips of my fingers spark as I wriggle them, craving Neteyam's touch back. My breath is rapid as my heart dashes beneath my rib cage. I gulp.

Bedtime soon falls. Toruk hikes my dad and I to our reserved Marui tent, since apparently, we can't sleep in hammocks (which I'm relieved about). Being that high seems impossible to me. I'd shutter with trepidation, faint, and fall limp to my death. Comical to my brain, but not so comical to my heart.

We make ourselves cozy in our mats. I tuck my hands between my thighs and stare at dad, who faces me with his face stern.

"Who's that Neteyam boy?" He asks me.

I switch my gaze to my forearms with bait, not wanting to meet dad's glower.

"He's...He's helped me," I say meekly, my ears cowering on my head. I lightly squirm.

"I see the way you hold his hand. I see the way you look at him," He says as a matter of fact.

"I am sorry..."

"You are the Olo'eyktan's son, are you not?" He blurts, cutting me off.

My throat dries. I firmly nod.

"Then son, you know your responsibilities, your duties. You are to have a Tsahìk—however, if you want him as your mate, then have him. But I promise things will get complicated. You two are from different clans and you won't have an heir," He rasps, reaching to pat my head.

My entire head can fit in his hand alone. I jerk my ears and peer at him with wide eyes.

"I want to mate him," I tell him.

He smiles wearily and rolls over, hustling me to sleep. His back faces me and I take in a deep breath, before exhaling hard. I grin, despite mulling over if my dad truly accepts me or not.

25