4

Yn continued to pad down the train. Car after crowded car.

"Quibbler?" a girl with wild blond hair that was only swept out of her eyes by a pair of outrageous glasses that she had crowned on top of her head, brandished the glossy print in front of Yn.

"Oh, umm..." Yn inspected the glossy magazine. "Sure." She took it from the girl.

"Oh dear," the girl pronounced. Her eyes widened even more, rivalling those of even a doe.

"What?" Yn anxiously glanced over her should anticipating another ambush. More faces that she knew once upon a time only they were different now older and with much darker intentions.

"I'm afraid I have added to your uneasiness. I am terribly sorry." The girl's voice was soothing if not a little whistly. Yn could see how someone could either listen to her talk all day or want to tape her mouth shut.

For the first time Yn looked up and into someone's eyes directly since she got on the train. This girl was self-aware but untamed and could read people's emotions like a book. That worried Yn. What would she see in Yn? Hopefully not as much as Yn saw in her.

"No," Yn implored. "It's fine. I don't think I have met you before. You are?"

"Luna Lovegood," the girl calmly responded.

"Nice to meet you Luna. And,oh, thank for this," she held up the magazine as she drifted away.

Yn exhaled in relief she was finally getting to the car she had imagined holing herself up in. But there was one thing that that unusually observant Yn had failed to notice.

She came face to face her error as soon as she opened the door to the car and found that it was filed with 6th year Slytherins. Since when had they adopted this as the car of their choice? It was too late to ponder that now. Besides most of them were too busy in their conversations to notice her yet.

Yn quietly strode forward through the aisle. On the bright side, she could see an empty booth. The problem was that it was booth beside the booth that Draco Malfoy was occupying. And all yn could think about was what Harry Potter had said. She could see the back of Draco's head. His distinct blond hair like snow atop charcoal mountains, and opposite him sat Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini.

It was too late to turn back and find another seat. She would just look ridiculous, and all she wanted was to sit down and shut it all out.

"Finally, a full dorm room again." Tracey Davis stepped out of booth. "Your bed by the window has been empty every year since first year." Tracey leaned forward and kissed Yn once on each of her cheeks.

Yn smiled at her appreciatively. The Slytherin girls tried to portray a hard exterior, but under all of that they were fiercely loyal to one another. Yn could see that had not changed despite her absence. Yn could hardly call herself a Slytherin having only played that role for one measly year before disappearing.

"You look a little tired," Tracey remarked. "That's enough chit chat for now. I'll fill you in on everything later. Millicent and Pansy are a nightmare in the room. There is always drama, mess, crying, laughing, fighting, you name it, and it happens. You'll be wishing you were in a different room after just a week. As for Daphne, you'll be lucky if you see her in the room. She scarcely sleeps there." Tracey winked suggestively.

"Thanks Tracey." Yn couldn't be bothered to explain to Tracey that she too was unlikely to sleep much in the dorm. Her father had made arrangement for Yn to be allowed to sleep in the quarters of Professor McGonagall should she require it. Her abilities would be overactive the more people she was around. Especially while they were sleeping. Moreover, Yn would often experience the most horrific nightmares and she had no business disturbing other students sleep. Right now, though, Yn could care less about the students. She just wanted to make it the empty booth without one more interruption or introduction.