Chapter 6 - Collection For The Dis-trip-ney

Warning: Unedited.

__________

« So... you fell. », Tyler states, his eyes digging a hole to the size of a castle on Bonnie's head since the second they left his family's yard.

« Yup. », Bonnie answers, lips pursued as she wondered when Tyler would stop asking her questions and look at her.

As if someone listened to her nonexistent prayer, the Lockwood boy finally tore his eyes away from her and onto the road ahead.

« You fell on what— concrete? Titanium? The Eiffel Tower? », he enumerates before chuckling when he felt her glare. He raised his hands in defense. « Hey, I'm just trying to understand here. How hard did your head hit the ground? Or maybe the ground hit you? You never kn—Bonnie eyes back on the freaking road! »

He interrupts, eyes wide like saucers when he saw where the car was headed. She of course had not been looking at the road.

Not that it mattered whether she looked or not, since the instant they left home, the car already took out two mailboxes and a bin.

Bonnie whirled her head back to the front.

« This would be easier if you let me drive—»

Before Tyler could even finish, the girl shut down his idea. « Anigeodeun! I planned the trip, so I am driving. And...it's my car. », she says before turning the wheel to the left to avoid bumping into a curb on the right.

« Stefano is supposed to give me lessons anyway. », she mumbles after a minute.

At that, Tyler let out a snort while massaging his eyes. He wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't. He figured it was better to be awake and see what danger was coming rather than to be sleeping and suddenly wake up in pain because he got impaled by a mailbox.

« I thought you said you needed to spend less time with him so you don't turn into his stalking twin sister. », he teases, smirking at her. « Him supposedly giving you driving lessons—that I'm sure he doesn't even know about— doesn't fit in the criteria. »

Bonnie turned to him with a scoff. « Yah... those are lessons. And what do you mean by that? He knows he even suggested it. He just loves suggesting. »

All Tyler did was turn her head back to the road and roll his eyes. « Hm. », he hummed. Before looking out the window. « Sure, I'll act like I don't know you threatened him. », he says again, his gaze locked on the house the person they needed to pick up lived in.

« Hey! », Bonnie objects, shooting him an offended look before staring back at the road. « I was passing by and he saw me...struggling and suggested it on his own. »

Tyler burst into waves of laughter, an image of how it must have gone. « Sure, you were zigzagging by and almost killed him. He suggested it because he was scared for his life. Attempted murder on him before his first day of school. Everybody would propose to give you driving lessons— count me out though. », he lets out chuckles.