Prologue

Bonnie DuBois was a black French girl, born in Amiens, France.

She was bored out of her mind and wanted nothing but to go back to the past.

Of course, each time she did that, there was always that little quote swirling in her head in red highlighting, that there was no greater grief in misery than to turn our thoughts back to happier times.

But she couldn't help it, thinking back to the years when she was only a kid no older than 5 years old. She missed how the world was lighter on Christmas, Easter, and New Year. How the cities were always so well decorated, how she could hear words of celebration even two weeks before the due dates.

But here sitting on her couch, on a Christmas Eve, surrounded by ice cream, chocolate bars, bottles of virgin cocktails, and Bbq chicken wings with creamy mashed sweet potatoes while watching the last season of the vampire diaries, Bonnie only wished one thing, to enter her television and consequently the tv show.

She was extremely bored, craving for adventure, even if it meant a zombie apocalypse she was ready and waiting for it. The mere thought made her want to watch the Walking Dead yet again, only, she had to finish the Vampire Diaries first.

Maybe she should have called a friend, if only she had one she felt close enough with to spend the night like this.

It was probably because she wasn't a fan of people. She wasn't a fan of celebrities, actors, and all those famous or iconic people.

She loved food, proof being the amount she had already eaten in 30 minutes. She also loved animals, and summer and winter and flowers, nature in general.

She could tell someone she liked them, but never that she loved them. Maybe that was why all of her past relationships always ended with the boy/man leaving when he either realized she too could play the game or, she couldn't love them the way they expected her to.

Or maybe it was that they realized, they weren't her type and couldn't even accomplish half of what was necessary to be her type.

That said type was fictional men, vampires, werewolves, psychotic maniacs, sociopaths, strong and passionate men ready to take what they wanted and send the world into a black hole when the people they loved were in danger.

Proof of them being the show she was watching, a show she had watched three times already, only to see them, her type.

Just as she was about to pause the last episode of the last season of the show, since she didn't want to see the death of a certain brooding vampire, Bonnie heard a knock on her door.

Still, she paused her show, picked up a bag of chips, and walked to the door. She was expecting anything, the grinch, Santa Claus, even an elf or a serial killer, but what she didn't expect was the most handsome man alive on earth. She could have fainted if she didn't think it would stop her from sightseeing.

He was too handsome for her poor human eyes, Bonnie even thought, her eyes were diminishing his beauty. His face and broad said it all, he could be her type. And when she heard his voice, she had confirmation, he was definitely her type.

Too wooed, she used the wall to support herself, or else she would end up being one with the floor.

Her ears heard the words leaving the man's mouth, and her eyes saw the luscious lips moving but her mind could only do one math, he and she equaled her losing her virginity and having the best night of her life. She wasn't one to say no to one-night stands that totally looked hot.

Eventually, when he asked about wanting shelter from the snow, she could only nod and let him into her adobe. She led him to the couch, to her snack bar-like couch. Embarrassed she hastily cleaned up a place for him to sit and then proceeded to clean her face.

It was when he was changing upstairs in one of her guest bedrooms, while she was making him a hot chocolate, that she thought how red flagging her actions were, for all she knew, he was a serial killer.

But then again, thanks to Honoré she was doing stupidly well, and her wish came true, she was to lose her virginity to the hottest and most handsome man alive.

That was the last thing she remembered, her leading him to her room, the door closing behind him and she locked her arms behind his neck while stepping back towards her bed and then, endless darkness.