𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥, 𝟎𝟐

THE WEIGHING SILENCE in the boss's office wasn't a foreign feeling to the four as they stood tall, waiting for further instructions

THE WEIGHING SILENCE in the boss's office wasn't a foreign feeling to the four as they stood tall, waiting for further instructions. the four proxies had been summoned after quite a long time, they could only prepare for what's in store.

"my children." the stern voice of the entity behind his desk called out, slender's hands intertwined on the top of the flat surface, "i have given a two year worth of no active missions as an apology for failing to bring our comrade back." he started, voice gradually turning one to a softer tone, "i hope it was enough to bring you proxies back on your feet for another upcoming operation."

"without the two years off, we still serve you, sir." masky implied, leaning his head down as a form of respect, earning a nod of approval from the tall entity.

"very well then." slender hummed, "i have detected an unknown presence that even i alone cannot seem to track down." he carefully explained, looking individually at the proxies, "it's aura is weak, i do not think its capable of bringing us any harm... but for extra precaution, i would like you four to guard the outskirts of out manor, it would be even better to do a sweep up around the forest." he instructed, "however you want to do it, it is solely up to you four, i trust you will accomplish this simple task with ease given how you have never failed me." he ended, not dismissing the four just yet, afraid they had any further questions to which his assumption was correct as hoodie took a small step forward.

"hypothetically, if we managed to catch this presence, what will we do then?" hoodie's voice was stern though hoarse, a tinge of exhaustion could be heard but he managed to seem fine at the moment, his mask concealing his true emotions. he soon then returned to his original spot, taking a step backwards.

"if you do manage, bring this unknown person to me." slender leaned in his chair, hands trailing against the hardwood surface before resting on each of the armrest, "if it appears to be hostile... then by all means kill this presence. it's winter, i believe you four would want this to be over with, go ahead and get going now."

the proxies gave a curt bow, "yes sir." they replied in union before quickly leaving out the door. the walk down the hallway was silent, not an uncomfortable one, just one with a lot of tension that could be sliced with a knife. it didn't fail to be noticed but the four never addressed it, currently speaking, they had a mission at hand which makes it their top priority as of now.

although they'd much prefer the silence, kate needed to talk about plans related to the task, "usual posts?" she queried, going down the stairs as the rest followed pursuit, not much bothered to give each other glances as they could only afford to hum in return.

"groups of two, this unknown being likely may be hostile. better to be safe than sorry." masky nodded a thanks as kate opened the door for the rest, "brian with me, on the rear." he ordered sternly, watching as hoodie pull out his signature gun as the small group was already seen on the gravel path in front of the old looking manor that they call home.