Ch51: Omukade Hunt

Začať od začiatku

"Kirnimaru's retainers, don't know much except they all originate from the mainland." He said.

"Lord Kirinmaru's four most unruly subordinates and some of his strongest, yet they keep all the others inline. Wouldn't be surprised if other than Yotsume one of their vassals are there. Yura's assessment is correct if that is the case, yet we shall we." Myōga said, getting us to nod.

Hopefully both of them were on their assessments.

If the four of them weren't the strongest and held such a representation, I dread to face them or someone else on their level especially after yesterday.

"Just try to be careful, a lot to ask but-""It'll be okay Inuko, can't guarantee anything but with Yura I'm sure we'll be more than fine until you come back." Y/N said with a reassuring smile.

"Master's right, nothing like yesterday will happen to him or Kagome." Yura said.

"We'll be alright Inuko, you'll have nothing to worry about. I promise." I said with a smile.

Inuko looked between the three of us before sighing and shaking her head, trying to hide a small smile.

"Fine, fine. Just save some action for me if you can." Inuko said before facing Shippō. "What about you kit, you haven't said a word yet?"

Shippō looked between her, Y/N, and myself for a few moments. Before nodding and smiling as he jumped off Y/N's shoulder. Looks like he finally made his choice.

"A little warning next time!" Inuko growled out before shaking her head as Shippō settled onto her shoulder. "So you made up your mind?" 

"Yup, didn't want to leave you alone." He said with a smile.

Inuko stared at him for a moment before sighing.

"I was traveling with Kaede, but thanks kit." Inuko said before facing Kaede. "Ready to go?"

"Yes, I've been away from the village long enough and they need to know what happened here...and I'll need some time before checking the cave." Kaede said before looking back at us. "Hopefully by the time you return I will have answer, I just pray to Amaterasu that I'm wrong."

"Something we agree on." Yura said, getting Y/N to shudder.

Whoever that yokai is, it has gotten him spooked even when trying not to focus on it...

"Then I suppose we will head out as well now." Y/N said with a smile. "Take care and see you both later."

"Stay safe." I said as we split into two groups, each going into a different direction.

"Bye Y/N, bye Kagome! Good luck you two! And the creepy lady I suppose!" Shippō said, waving goodbye as the three of us walked away.

Yura visibly bristled at that remark while Inuko just gave away before she bounded off with Kaede follow on horseback.

"One of these days." Yura said, clearly annoyed.

"I'll talk to him later." Y/N sighed out before looking down at Myōga. "So which way to this village?"

"Continue down this ridge after walking to the same foothill we traveled yesterday. Walk until you come across a lone sakura tree. Should be a straight shot northeast until we reach the edge of where the omukade's territory was. We can break there." Myōga said, getting Y/N to nod and myself to shudder.

"Yeah let's." I said with a slight shudder.

Even with the brood supposedly almost wiped I was not too keen on face another one of them after Mukade Jōrō, especially with my reiryoku control still shot.