Part 13 - The Hospital

FYI: talks about mental health (well...specifically about PTSD)

When it comes to healthcare in the Victorian era, the aristocrats had the luxury to be treated in their homes by their family physicians whereas the common folk avail in public hospitals.

However, in the case of Ella's kidnapping, the Moriarty gang is forced to settle for a hospital due to her critical condition and the lengthy geographical setting from home.

Bond rushed the carriage to reach the nearest hospital in Brighton. The moment when they reached the establishment, Albert carried Ella to the entrance where a couple of nurses meet them with urgency. Although they were actually surprised to see a member of the nobility come because it rarely happens in the institution.

They took Ella from Albert and laid her on the bed, bringing her to the operating room. One of them informed Albert to stay in the waiting area while the rest began to tend to Ella's wounds. The last thing that Albert saw is Ella's unconscious body as the nurses began to tear her blue dress.

 The last thing that Albert saw is Ella's unconscious body as the nurses began to tear her blue dress

And then the curtains were spread out.

~***~

"Lord Albert Moriarty!"

Albert looked up to see a stout man wearing a brown suit and monocle glasses

Albert looked up to see a stout man wearing a brown suit and monocle glasses. "Dr. Stamford! What brings you here?"

"Well, aside from London I also have my shift here in Brighton. How about you, what brings you here to Brighton's hospital at this very late in the evening? Isn't it quite far from your hometown?"

"...A lot has happened...and...I am waiting for Ella's status condition in the operating room."

"Oh...you mean the woman whom the doctors are tending to? I see...I just finished facilitating the operation and...I'm afraid things are not looking bright for her."

Hearing that made Albert worried more. "What do you mean, Dr. Stanford? Is she...?", Albert has this feeling but refuses to believe that Ella's on the brink of death.