The Girl and the Escape

Updated: 6/25/2023

Izuku Midoriya, a small 4 year old boy with a bush of green hair on top of his head, sits there. "Quirkless," the doctor had said, and the shock given made the boy sit there in shock with tears running down his face. All he ever wanted to be - as an adult - was a hero. Yet, now he sits there, dreams crushed. His mother, a thin and gentle woman, sat there holding the shocked and crying Izuku. 

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Izuku," the woman cried, and while he mentally thanked the woman, that was not what he needed to hear.

     The two Midoriya's thanked the doctor, stood up, and promptly left. As the two left, the doctor picked up his phone. 

"Hello, Yes Master… Yes, he has a version of your quirk…. Are you sure I should call him? He is your son…. Yes master, right away. Goodbye, Sir, " the doctor said into the phone before hanging up. Right after calling someone else and giving the route and location, the Midoriya's would be heading. 

      With said family, Izuku was just silently watching out the window, as Inko drove home in silence . The family crossed through an intersection, the car jolted, as a large black truck rammed into the family car, causing it to roll. Opening his eyes, Izuku felt sick. He had just been thrown in his seat as the car rolled, and now he was upside down. His mother lay still and not moving, but alive - if barely. 

     Trying to squirm free, Izuku was about to remove his seat belt when his door opened. Looking at the door, he saw a group of people, all wearing strange bird masks, before he felt dizzy, then darkness swarmed his vision, before Izuku passed out. The next thing Izuku knew, he was slowly waking up, and immediately he realized he wasn't upside down but on a hard metal table. Looking around, Izuku tried to move, his arms wouldn't budge, trying his legs, he got the same result. He tried to scream and quickly learned he was gagged as well.

     "Well, well, well, glad to see you wake up. I was wondering if you would." A voice said, and Izuku looked over at an uninterested looking man, who, apart from his eyes, didn't seem to care what happened, yet Izuku could see in his eyes that he was excited. 

"Starting today, you are mine, If you disobey…" the man reaches over to his desk, his bare hand placed on the surface, before the desk crumpled away and fell to the floor, before reforming back into a desk. 

     Izuku shook his head, and the man nodded, "Good, my name is Chisaki, but call me Overhaul." 

Once again, Izuku nodded. He soon regretted it, he wished he was dead, every may was the same, injections of painful liquids,getting beaten or beating others… creatures, ones Overhaul called Nomus. This continued on for 10 years, 10 long years. Things changed on his 14th birthday.

     "Wake up!" A voice yelled into the cage. Opening his tired eyes, Izuku looked up. 

"Is it time?" He asked, sounding tired. 

"Nah, got a gift for ya," the man said, shoving a small girl with silver hair, red eyes, and a small horn. 

"Do as you wish with her, Overhaul just needs her in one piece." The man said, and Izuku growled. Standing up in the dark corner of his room, the boy walked out of the shadows. His countless experiments have changed his body. Overhaul said something about, "Our partners asked us to give him 'that' quirk. I already did, so keep a close eye on this… "Nomu." Overhaul said to the tall man, izuku knew as Rappa.

      The little girls watched as glowing, neon green eyes peered out of the dark corner. She shrunk again as the eyes rose from the floor. The poor girl almost screamed as canine -like face came out of the darkness. She shrank into herself as she cried, 

"Please, I'll be good, don't hurt me, no more

"Please, I'll be good, don't hurt me, no more." she kept repeating, and Izuku smiled sadly and kneeled down, lowering his maw to the floor so as not to scare the girl. In a soft voice, he spoke softly. 

"Hello, I am a Nomu, my name is Izuku, what's yours?" Izuku asked softly. The words came out a little gruff as he barely spoke after he was given this… Jackal quirk. 'Jackal's Wrath' a quirk that should only activate when his adrenaline is high, but his natural quirk, which he soon learned was called quirk replicate - a quirk to copy, steal, and upgrade any quirk he either took, saw or in his case, was forcibly given - the latter which combined with a wolf mutation quirk making izuku turn into a hulking black humanoid Jackal. 

     The girl looked to Izuku, "E-Eri," she said softly, and she swore it looked like the…. Dog… smiled at her. 

"That's a pretty name, Eri, but why are you here?" He asked softly as the girl seemed to relax around him. 

She looked to the floor, "My quirk… it's a curse. It made mommy and daddy go away. O-Overhaul said my curse would cure the world of quirks." She said as she started to cry. 

Izuku smiled sadly, "Hey Eri, what if you could get rid of your quirk? Would you want that?" Izuku asks, getting an immediate nod from the scared little girl. Izuku held her close as he reached out. He found her quirk and pulled it into his body, mixing it together with a control quirk, resulting in immediate, full control of the quirk, Rewind

      That evening, Izuku decided to act loyal. He was going to rescue Eri, but he needed to get rid of Overhaul first. Walking into the room, Overhaul tells Izuku to bring Eri to the room, and Izuku nods, giving Eri a gentle smile. 

"Just relax, Eri, everything will be fine, just close your eyes when we get there," He whispers, and the girl nods. As they enter the room, Izuku sits the girl down. Before standing up, turning around, he looks to Overhaul. 

     "You know, I was just fine staying and collecting quirks, and I would've stayed, had you not involved an innocent girl" Izuku said as another quirk activated and time stopped, grabbing Overhauls hand, Izuku removed his quirk, Overhaul. 

Now, Chisaki Kai, once Overhaul is quirkless. Resuming time, Chisaki grabbed Izuku, but his eyes widened in shock. His shock didn't last as golden flames flickered around Izuku's hands. 

"Now perish," he said, and before Chisaki could scream, he disappeared into ash in the golden flames. Sighing, Izuku grabbed Eri and lit the building on fire. Walking out like nothing happened as the building burned. He had done it, he was free and he rescued the scared little girl.