Dont Let Your Past Define You

Start from the beginning

A tear slipped from Damian's eyes as built up trauma that he has constantly pushed away resurfaced and threatened to break him. He immediately wiped it away, hoping Marinette didn't see it. But she did.

"I killed my first victim when I was about 4 or 5." Damian whispered. "I continued to kill people. I'd been forced to go on missions and to train extra hard. When I was 10, the League was attacked. My grandfather died and then my mother brought me here. My father had no idea I existed. My mother left me here so she could rebuild the League.

"Everyone here referred to me as a monster at first. I had tried to attack Drake. That didn't end well." Damian paused.

"My family... we are the bats. And... ever since I became Robin... I guess I learn the rights and wrongs of life. I had to relearn the way of life. I stopped killing. But when mother came back to get me and I said I didn't want to go with her... she cloned me and killed me...."

Damian stopped talking, his hands were shaky and he refused to look at Marinette.

"Damian...." Marinette tried to make out words but she couldn't.

"It's okay if you... leave. I wouldn't want to be dating a murderer either." Damian let a few tears slip as he turned his head away from Marinette.

Marinette wanted to cry at how much Damian loathed his past when he had no control over it. She moved closer to Damian and put a hand on his cheek and tried to get him to look at her, but he refused.

She just leaned her head against the side of his face that was visible as she moved her hand to play with his hair. Damian was frozen, he didn't know what she was doing and he was in shock at how she didn't immediately leave.

"Damian Wayne." Marinette said sternly after she kissed his cheek. "You are not a murderer and you are most definitely not a monster."

Damian was shocked at how stern Marinette had said that. He certainly didn't expect those words to fall from her lips. He was so shocked that when Marinette turned his face to look at her he didn't resist.

Looking at Marinette he could see the tears in her eyes. But most importantly he could see how much she cared. That made him break almost instantly.

Tears were falling out of both of their eyes.

"And if you ever think that I would walk out of that fucking door just because of a past you couldn't control... then you are out of your god damn mind." Marinette spoke.

"Why-" Damian was cut off almost instantly.

"Damian... you were forced to do everything you described. You didn't know any better because that's how you were taught. You didn't deserve to go through any of that. But you learned, Damian. And you save people now! And your mom is an asshole for treating you like that and for hurting you in so many ways." Marinette explained.

Marinette pressed her forehead against Damian's. "And I would never... judge you for your past. A past that you were forced to live. Your past doesn't define you, Dami. You are the most loving boyfriend ever. And even before that you were the most caring friend I've ever had. I know  a lot of people think you are a cold hearted person.... But they don't look close enough."

Marinette wiped Damian's tears away as she looked straight into his eyes. "They have never met the real you. You are my favorite person to ever fucking exist and don't you dare think that I'd ever hate you."

"I love you...." Damian whispered. "I love you so so much."

Marinette smiled softly at Damian. "I love you, too. So much." She took notice of how Damian was on the edge of a break down and immediately brought him into a warm embrace. "You can cry, love. You're safe."

Damian tighten the embrace as he started breaking down. All the trauma of his past catching up to him. He tightened the hug and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

Marinette let a few of her own tears fall as she held Damian close to her. "You're going to be okay, my love."

Marinette leaned back against a wall and closed her eyes, running her fingers through Damian's hair softly. The two soon fell asleep in the comfort of each others arms.

~

"Yo Dick! Have you seen Pix and the Demon?" Jason asked as soon as he saw his older brother.

"Uh no. Last time I saw Mari she was looking for Damian. Last time I saw Damian he said he was going to paint for a few hours." Dick said.

They both paused.

"You don't think he let her in his art room, do you?" Jason's asked.

"Are you crazy? Anybody who doesn't know about us as the bats and his past aren't allowed in there. Damian would be too scared to tell her about his past." Dick spoke.

"Yeah... she'd probably run away, you know... she's just so pure." Jason added.

They both paused for a second once again.

"It wouldn't hurt to check right?" Jason asked.

"Nope." Dick was then following Jason towards Damian's art room.

It was awfully quiet in the hallway and close to the door. It made them nervous.

"What if she took one look at the paintings and left?" Dick asked. "Or worse! What if Damian broke up with her as soon as she saw them!"

"Shut up dickwad!" Jason moved closer to the door and quietly opened it.

What they saw shocked them.

The couple was sleeping in each others arms. Damian clearly had a tear stained face, something neither of them had ever seen before.

Marinette seemed to be holding Damian protectively against her. That's what really shocked them.

"YES!" Dick whisper yelled.

"So he had to have told her. He has obviously been crying." Jason said.

"She had to have obviously accepted his past and still loves him!!!" Dick smiles brightly.

"When do you think they will get married?" Jason asked.

"Let's start planning it!" Dick squealed like a little kid.

Jason smirked and grabbed his phone. He took a quick picture of the sleeping couple and sent it to the group chat.

TheWalkimgDead: 1 attachment

Looks like the demon told the story of his past. And it also looks like they are still in love. Who wants to help with wedding planning?

PurpleMonster: SHUT UP NO WAY OMG MARI ACCEPTED HIM!!!

BigBadBat: Leave them alone for now. I am glad Damian has found someone who accepts him.

TheCoffeeAddict: WAS HE CRYING? ITS THE END OF THE WORLD.

TheAllKnowing: Master Timothy, it is not the end of the world, let the young master show some emotion for once.

SilentbutDeadly: I am so happy for him! She seems to really be protective of him in the picture.

Jason took one last glance at his younger brother and future sister in law and then shut the door. Right now wasn't the time to bother them.

~

Words~ 1833