~14~

George POV:

And so we book it. All four of us charge in the same direction, running down what seems like an endless room. The wind is slowly but surely being knocked out of our lungs, but we somehow manage to contain our breath.

The escalators soon reach our sight. There's one going up, and one going down to the many other floors. That's when my mind forms a plan.

There was no possible way we could escape with all these guards on us in a group. So we had to split up.

"SAPNAL AND KARL, GO UP! WE'LL MEET YOU AT THE ENTRANCE!"

The two obey with no questions, quickly gliding up the non moving stairs, taking a whole herd of guards with them. That leaves about fifteen with Dream and I. Seems manageable.

Dream was about to go down the escalator to the first floor when I realized. If we went down now, we would have to stall and wait for Karl and Sapnap to arrive. It would be better to take a detour than anything.

"DREAM!"

"Yes?"

"Follow me! We need to stall for Karl and Sapnap!"

He follows my directions and runs with me. We run down the big echoey room for what seems like hours, but is actually minutes. When I feel like we've stalled enough, I grab Dream but the arm and pull him into a nearby hallway, or that's what it looked like. When I turned the edge I tricked a plenty of guards for about ten seconds that I was in there. But really me and Dream were back to sprinting like there was no tomorrow.

We use our nimble bodies to jump over obstacles that could save time and be a potential short cut. We make it back to the escalator, the guards following not too far behind us. We slide down the escalator railing flawlessly. The guards try to replicate us but completely fail and end up stumbling down the deactivated machine. Right when we meet the first casino floor we see Karl and Sapnap.

----------

Karl POV:

My heart pounds out of my chest. Tears almost swelling up and trickling salty tears. I resist the urge to stop though. The fear and adrenaline keeps me high.

We had gone all the way up to the seventh floor, wanting to get as far away from George and Dream possible. That would be the best way to split the guards up.

Sapnap yells from my side as we run on the marbled blocks.

"Hey Karl! This may seem like a bad idea but it would spare us some time!"

I almost am unable to reply, due to pure exhaustion and my constant quick breaths.

"U-uh, yeah! What is it!"

He gasps for air, leaving a break between our conversation. He continues yelling, knowing damn well the guards behind us can hear.

"You're gonna say I'm crazy- a-and to be honest I am! But I need you to-"

"Just get to the point!"

"I need you to trust me! See that floor down there?"

I look down to see the opposite side showcasing all the levels. 

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, we're and level seven. And you know what happened on level six."

No. He can't be-

"Karl we need to fall."

"Sapnap you are crazy!"

"I told you I was! But guess what, this whole night was crazy! And we might as well end it off with a bang!"