~6~

Karl POV:

I run as far and as quick as I can into the darkness of the store. If I'm caught lacking one second George may run up to me and bring me back.

When I think I'm far enough I gasp. I stand in place while regaining my breath. I take this time to think. Where could Sapnap possibly be?

As much as I don't want to admit it, George was right. There's like a thousand floors to this place! Well that was a bit of an exaggeration but there really is a lot of floors! There is no possible way anyone would be able to search each floor head to toe in a couple of hours. All I can do is choose a random floor and hope for the best.

I somehow see a very faint elevator due to the darkness. I run to it, still horrified of George bringing me back and even worse, a guard capturing me. I press the button and the doors open in no time.

When I enter the elevator I am presented with a variety of options. I look at the numbers and count to see how many floors there are.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven... TWELVE FLOORS!?!

I choose the dumbest way to decide which floor I go on. I count my age.

I'm twenty four, and together that's written two-four. So two plus four is six, meaning I should go on floor six. The logic is there, trust it.

I bring my hand up to push the button and the doors close. Time starts slowing down. I feel as if every millisecond has turned into a second. The elevator moves leisurely to me. I figure it's because I'm just so excited to find Sapnap. After all I was and am pretty sad about his disappearance. I would be worried for any friend though. If it was George or Dream I bet I would feel the same way. Right?

The movement pauses. I arrive to the sixth floor. The doors open and greet me into what looks like an unwelcoming area. Stores are hidden behind bars and it's pitch black.

I take a deep breath in and suck it up. I know this will all be worth it for Sapnap.

My foot reaches out into the unknown. Lights suddenly flicker on after my slight movement. The bright light frightens me and makes me jolt. Wait, there's light! 

I sigh a breath of relief and continue walking, this time more confident in my strides. 'Where could Sapnap be...'

I pass the barred shops and stare at them like criminals in a jail cell. The thought that if Sapnap was in one of those shops I wouldn't be able to save him scares me. What if he is? The thought causes me to take a good look at each one before moving on. My eyes scan around every move, looking for any suspicious motions.

Then I reach the center. A big circular area that goes even further down. About the same length as the hall just walked down.

That's when I realize how big this mall is. I've walked for so long, and I bet this would even count as miles. Somehow I'm in the middle of the floor, the MIDDLE. I sigh in defeat. Knowing every floor is going to be like this makes me nervous inside.

Although I really don't want to I resume my exploration, passing by into the next half of the floor. 

"Hello?"

Freeze. I freeze. Who. Is. That.

My heart starts racing like I'm in a marathon. I want to run but I can't. My body is out in flight or fight mode, but I don't know what I'm fighting!

I force myself to move and hide behind a nearby bushy plant and hope for the best.

"Hello? Heeelp!"

Wait, that voice sounds familiar. I know it's risky to talk but I need to take this risk. Maybe it could be-

"Sapnap?"

No response. I start to get nervous again until I hear the voice again.

"Yeeessss?"

I rise up from my hiding spot and look around. I can't seem to find him anywhere. I look and look and look, eyes circling the place. Yet I still can't find him.

Right when I loose hope I catch a hallway. It's very small compared to the mall, that's probably why I missed it!

I run to the mysterious hall, taking a risk and following where it leads me. The hallway suddenly turns. I prepare myself for either a magnificent find or a failure.

...

"I got you!"

----------

Yeah, not rlly feeling this chapter. Idk this is one of my worst but I hope you liked it anyway! Next time we'll see a spicy Dream and George perspective 👀