~8~

Third Person:

"I found you!"

"Hi Karl!"

Karl is overjoyed to see the raven haired man. His heart pace picks up as he rushes into Sapnap's arms, wrapping his own around the other. Sapnap accepts the hug and pats Karl's back. The older is so excited he could cry!

"Oh my god I was so nervous! I thought I had lost you forever!"

"I handled myself pretty well!"

Karl's heart aches a little bit from the lack of thankfulness. 

'He didn't say thank you or anything...'

Karl figures Sapnap's probably just shaken up about the situation, and lets his behavior go.

And if you didn't find me so soon I would still be alright. I brought myself one of those lotus plant thingies so I could eat it if I got hungry!"

Karl's eyes scan Sapnap's body, landing on one of his hands to the side. He grasps the lotus plant and brings it up to his mouth. Karl lunges at Sapnap but it's too late. His teeth sink into the sugary dessert with no regret.

"No! You idiot! Give me that!"

Karl snatches the remaining lotus out of Sapnap's hands and crushes it. The pressed plant falls to the ground in clumps. Sapnap gasps.

"Why did you do that!"

"Because that's what got us in this dumb situation!"

"What situation?"

Karl sighs. His cheerful aura quickly sobers up. He explains the previous set of events to Sapnap in little detail, wanting to skip over the past and live in the present.

"Now come on! We need to go get Dream and George!" 

He grabs Sapnap's hand and starts to lead him towards the elevator, but Sapnap stands in place.

"But I don't wanna go! Can I please just have my lotus back?"

"Oh my god what more do I need to tell you! No, it's not good for you!"

"But pleaaaase?"

Sapnap reaches down for the lotus on the ground, hand quickly being slapped by Karl. Karl figures that his actions are most likely due to the bite of lotus, but his optimism fades away even more. His patience gets slow the more and more Sapnap pouts.

"Come on, let's go!"

Karl finally manages to drag Sapnap out of the hallway and into the big dome of a building. He notices the glass fence surrounding the two and protecting them from falling onto the next floor. His eyes graze the rim until it leads him to the elevator. That's when Sapnap starts acting up again, and Karl knows the lotus effect had washed off.

"Why are you such a buzzkill? Let me have fun!"

Karl talks with his teeth gritted.

"Sapnap we really need to go. As I explained before we need to meet up with George and Dream and make a plan."

"Wow well sorry for being honest. It's true your a buzzkill, and I bet you know it too."

These jokes make Karl's blood boil. They're not funny anymore, at least to him.

"Sapnap, we need to go. Now."

"No!"

That was it. Karl was done taking care of this grown ass man who was acting like a five year old, fully sober and not under the influence. He lets go of Sapnap's hand.

"SHUT UP!"

Karl's voice echoes and bounces off each wall. His voice rings for a while, startling Sapnap.

"Can you just be serious for once! You've ruined everything so far!"

Sapnap wants to speak but gives up. He knows his voice would be but a whisper compared to Karl's raised tone.

Karl continues yelling, walking backwards in attempt to get further away from Sapnap.

"You messed up this night! It was supposed to be fun and perfect!"

Sapnap regains his voice but his intended strong volume comes out as a normal tone.

"Wha-what did I do?"

"What did you do?"

Small streaks of tears rush down Karl's face. He is at his limit.

"You disobeyed George's orders and ate the last lotus which got us in this terrifying situation! And when I finally come find you-you... You act like this! You haven't even said thank you or been a little polite! And you've dug this hole deeper by bringing another lotus to eat! I bet you're still out of it now!"

"Sorry-"

"And in the car."

Sapnap freezes, confused.

"What did I do in the car?"

Karl's speed of steps increase as he still walks backwards.

"You didn't even want to mention the kiss! It was bound to happen and you know what, I wouldn't be hurt if you didn't ignore it so harshly!"

Sapnap pauses.

"Wait. Did you want to... You know... Kiss?"

Karl's eyes glisten for a moment. His gleeful self returns for just a millisecond. His cheeks become as red as his glossy eyes, which soon resume their crying.

"That- that doesn't matter right now! What matters is how your behavior has just been so stressful for me, and I'm done with dealing with this!..."

Karl rants on and on and yes Sapnap cares, but he cares more about the glass fence Karl is approaching. It ringed around the edge to what seemed to be a big drop to the next floor. 

Sapnap's eyes swap back to Karl when his voice comes to his max volume.

"ARE YOU EVEN PAYING ATTENTION! YOU DON'T EVEN CARE FOR ME DO YOU-"

"Karl stop walking-"

"DON'T INTERRUPT ME!"

"But Karl-"

"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO THIS ON YOUR OWN! FIND YOUR WAY BACK TO THE HOTEL, SEE IF I CARE-"

"KARL!"

CLINCK!

CLASH!

SHATTER!