~2~

Sapnap POV:

Dream carries George into the car and sits down right next to him. I suggest for him to move all the way to the left so his legs aren't cramped, but he refuses. I shrug and let it go, knowing that he probably just wants to be near his Gogy!

My car growls as I push on the pedals. I steer it out of the parking lot, and in no time we are on our way. I try my best to focus on the road, but I'm once again memorized by the flashing lights and advertisements displayed on the buildings. 

I can't help but imagine what I would look like to a normal person walking around. A bold red car driving through the streets of Vegas, fitting in with the extravagant scenery. My car would almost blend into the blazing brightness of every structure. Suddenly I press on the gas and accelerate through the avenue, almost sweeping the stranger staring on the street away.

I know my 'badass fantasy' is a little stupid, but I continue to visualize it while continuing to focus on the road. I can see an upcoming red light and proceed to slow down. My car stops just in time and I wait till the light turns green. Everything was going great until my eyes found their way to Karl.

~~~~~~~~~~

Karl POV:

Just as I'm about to start talking to Sapnap, I notice he's very focused. His eyebrows are slightly furrowed, and his eyes are filled with satisfaction. One corner of his mouth seems to be tugged, causing a barley noticable smirk.

I find myself getting caught looking at him. My eyes are glued to his expression, they study his face over and over. Suddenly my heart starts beating faster. I can hear each thump get louder, louder, and louder. Heat creeps up neck and spreads onto my cheeks and ears. Nervousness and excitement rises up from my stomach. Every emotion that can be felt goes through my figure. My body accepts and rejects feelings, managing to narrow it down to one. What's happening?

My mouth forces a smile to appear on my face. One feeling sits at the bottom of my stomach. I feel... Attracted? Yes, attracted. 

I'm attracted to his beautiful looks, sinister in this case. His glowing eyes which show adrenaline, the way his plump lips curve with perfection. I am attracted to Sapnap's looks. It's okay to admire a homie's appearance, right?

I'm so caught up in my transit that I don't realize Sapnap's eyes are now on me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Our car comes to a halt, as I turn my head to face Karl. I'm surprised to see he was already glancing at me. It takes a while for him to realize I'm looking, but when he does he reacts immediately.

His cheeks heat up and flush a warm red. Karl flinches away and looks out of his window. I chuckle at his actions, causing him to turn back to me with a pouty smile.

"Can't get enough of me, can you?"

 "Oh shut up! I wasn't even looking at you!"

"Where were you looking?"

The car becomes filled with silence, the only noise that can be heard is George and Dream's faint breaths and rare snores. Karl backs away and returns his gaze to the outside, not being able to handle the tension.

My hand becomes it's own leader, as it finds it's way on Karl's chin. I place my thumb and pointer finger on his chin and turn him back to me so I'm back in his vision. He looks at me with a flushed face and doe eyes. I can feel my cheeks heat up at his appearance.

"Hi,"

I say awkwardly.

"Hi!"

We both giggle, but our laughs soon fade. The vaccant atmosphere returns and surrounds us, ready to eat us alive. 

My eyes flash down, glancing at Karl's lips. I look back up, trying to focus on his eyes and miserably failing. My gaze returns back down at his lips. So soft and bare, ready to be bruised. A perfect berry color, so opposite from my light toned lips. Well you know what they say, opposites attract. 

My eyes finally land on Karl's eyes, staring into his dark pupils full of emotion. I wish I knew what feeling they held, I wish I knew what emotion pricked from his eyes when tears fell. I want to be close to Karl, but is physical close how I really want to be?

That's when I started having doubts. When that question crossed my mind once, I started to hesitate. Sure I do not show it, but internally I am freaking the fuck out. I wonder if Karl has mastered reading the reactions from my eyes. What would he do if he knew how vulnerable I am in this moment? 

Karl's hand grazes over mine resting in between us. I tremble at his touch. He tilts his head up and a bit to the side. I copy his actions, leaning my head to the opposing side. We slowly close in, millimeter by millimeter. It's like a move scene in real life, we don't even need the slow mo! 

Our lips were inches from connecting when I backed out last minute because of a yell.

"SAPNAP!!!"

Cars honked from behind me while Dream yelled at the top of his lungs. My eyes widened as I focused on the road. I figured the light must have flashed green a long time ago. I step on my gas and start driving, gaining my focus and consciousness again. 

I look in the mirror above me to see George flinching at all of the noise, including Dream's yelling. Dream hugs the brunette and cuddles him, whispering to go back to sleep. George quickly dozes off once again, giving Dream an open opportunity to talk to me.

"Sapnap, pay attention! I know you and Karl were having lovey dovey time but that could have out us in an accident!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It won't happen again!"

"Damn right it won't happen again. If I see you and Karl making out or kissing one more time-"

"IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!"

I completely cut him off and raise my voice. Dream instantly shushes me and points to George.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to talk about it."

Dream nods his head respectively, going off to sleep again with George. At the next stop light I look at Karl briefly again. He's looking down at his lap, picking his nail polish off of his nails. I can barley see his eyes, but when I do I know how he's feeling. Confused and ashamed. How is it possible I can read Karl like a book now but I couldn't earlier?

"Karl, are you okay?"

I focus on the road while talking, having learned my lesson.

"I'm sorry if I scared you with the yelling, and because I put us in danger-"

"No, you said you don't want to talk about it."

Karl crosses his arms and turns the other way, looking out the window and counting each tree that goes by. At that very moment I knew I messed up, even if I didn't know how.