Chapter 41

(I imagine the baby mawup / Shelly as a little baby platypus with a little turtle shell on its back)

Kiri and I swim back to the village. Except we both ride on my ilu as Kiri holds Shelly. We walk up to Ronal's home. "I see you, Ronal." I say while Kiri greets her as well. "We were out today and saw this little baby mawup all alone. We wanted to ask you what is the best we can do for it." I say while handing Shelly to Ronal.

Shelly's tongue falls out of his mouth in response. Ronal looks past the baby mawup and at Kiri and I. I shrug in response. Ronal puts him down and he crawls over to Kiri and I, earning a smile from Ronal. "Let the little one stay with you." She says. "He needs a home." I nod and Kiri takes the baby in her arms. "Thank you Ronal." I say with a nod.

Kiri is always out the door and on the way to the Sully's. "Look at this little baby!" Kiri says while
holding up to show the family. "How did yo-?" Jake asks. "We found him all alone." Kiri says. "Another baby animal?" Lo'ak asks. "Of course this isn't the first time." I say with a laugh. Kiri rolls her eyes. "This time he actually needs a home. Ronal said that we could take care of him." Kiri says. I've never seen her this passionate before.

"What's his name?" Tuk says while looking at the little guy. "Shelly." Kiri says. "Because he has a shell?" Jake asks. I laugh before answering, "Actually yeah, Kiri named him." Jake laughs in response. "I expect nothing less."

"He is cute." Neytiri says while petting his head. "What does he eat?" Neytiri asks while looking at me. "Mawup's eat seagrass. Mostly they graze on the seafloor." I explain while taking the pup. I grab a piece of seagrass and put it close to the mawup's mouth. He eats it up happily. "Seagrass it is." Kiri says. I nod in agreement.

We spent the rest of the night with Shelly and the Sully's.

The next day Tuk and Kiri went out early in the morning to go play with Shelly. I slept in for once. When I woke up it was just Lo'ak and I. I tried to start a conversation with him, "What's it like to fly?" I ask. "What?" He asks while looking up at me. "Well you're from the forest, is it ikran? Those are the creatures you bound with and ride?" I ask. Lo'ak nods. "What's it like to fly on one of them?" I ask. "I can show you, if you want." Lo'ak offers.

""That'd be cool." I say while getting up. I follow Lo'ak to a clearing. He calls for his ikran and after a minute the creature flies over. Lo'ak clams the beast. "It's ok, it's ok." He repeats. He quickly in one motion gets on the ikran. I hesitate and get on as well. "Ok, ready?" He asks. "Uh, no..." I reply honestly.

"Just hold onto something and you'll be ok." He responds. I grab onto the back of the saddle we were sitting on. "Ok, I'm ready." Lo'ak nods and we soar into the sky. "Woah!" I scream as we fly into the air. I grip onto the saddle for dear life. Until I noticed there was an easy breeze.

I open my eyes and see us easily soaring through the sky. "Woah." I say in awe of the world from up here. "Amazing, isn't it?" Lo'ak asks. "Yeah, it is." I look around at the clouds. I shakily hold my hand out to one of them. I barely even felt the cloud, except for a little tickle. I laugh at the sensation, Lo'ak glances back at me with a smile.

I secure my position and lift my arms up. Feeling the breeze tickle my skin as we fly. I can't help but laugh. "This is amazing!" I shout. Then my stomach drops as we dive down. I grab onto Lo'ak scared I'm gonna fall off and die. I hear his laugh right after we level out. "You should've heard yourself." Lo'ak says. I let go of him and slap him in the back. "I thought we were gonna die!" I say with a serious tone. Until I remembered the rush of it, "Well, it was kinda fun." I add on.

"See, told ya." He responded. Lo'ak flies close to the water. I reach down and run my hands through the water. "When do you get an ikran?" I ask Lo'ak. "It's a test that young hunters have to pass. Since the ikrans are aggressive, it's part of the rite of passage to becoming a man." Lo'ak explains. "That's cool." I respond. "So you're officially a man?" I ask Lo'ak in a teasing manner. "Yup, of course I am." He says with a smirk. I laugh at his cockyness.

"I wish I could tame an ikran. That would be amazing." I say absentmindedly. "Maybe when everything cools down we could all show you our home. You could see your other home." Lo'ak says. "Oh, I would love that with all my heart." I reply

"Until then maybe I could help you learn more about our ways. I can get Kiri to help if you would like." Lo'ak teases. "That would be nice." I reply with a laugh. "When we get back I'll let Kiri and Tuk about our plan." Lo'ak says.

"Sounds amazing." I reply as we fly around.

—-
a longer chapter because i suck at updating. also so sorry for the inconsistent updates. 🙏
and kiri with animals >>