Chapter 2

After a while I checked up on the family. "Everyone adjusting ok?" I ask. Neytiri gives me a look before nodding. "Yes, everything is good." Jake says walking towards me. "Don't worry, you don't have to worry about being the perfect family in front of me." I say with a smile. Jake nods back with an awkward smile. I turn to walk away. The family seems to be adjusting, as good as they can.

"Wait." I look back and make eye contact with Lo'ak. I hum to show I'm listening. "Can we go swimming soon?" Lo'ak asks. "Of course. When would you like to go?" I ask. "Is right now ok?" Lo'ak asks.

Enthusiastic. Nice.

"Sounds fun." I walk past the family. Pointing out the window. "I'll be out there whenever you're ready to swim. When you walk out of here just take a left, and jump into the water." I say before heading out into the water. Moments later the kids dive in. Or jump in, more like flailing into the water.

I wade in the water. Tuk holds onto Kiri. "Just dive under and let the water cover your body. I just want to see how you are underwater." I explain while going under water.

I swim and look up at their body's. They looked peaceful. Every single one of them was amazed by the beauty of the sea. I see Neteyam's face change. He was down deeper than usual. Bubbles escapes his mouth. He must be running out of air.

Neteyam surfaces quickly. "You ok?" I ask. He nods. The other siblings make their way up to the surface as well. I forget they can't hold their breath as long as us. "You all did great for your first swim." I say with a smile. "For now just swim around. Then we will learn some techniques." I say while going underwater.

I swim around and have the time of my life. I felt so content watching them swim around in the water. They went up for air a lot. When they did I tried to go up with them as well. "How do you hold you breath for so long?" Neteyam asks. "You're too fast... wait for us!" Tuktirey asks. I laugh lightly. "It's all about your breathing technique. Which we will learn soon." I swam over to Tuk "Do you wanna swim with me?" I hold out my hand.

"Oh my gosh! Yes!" She says with a happy smile. "Just hold onto my hand or shoulder. You're choice. Tap me on the back when you need air." I feel Tuk grab my shoulder.

"Ready?" I ask. "Ready." She says. "Take a deep breath." I mimic taking a deep breath and Tuk follows along. With that I dove into the water. Tuk clutches onto my shoulder. I roll over and do tricks in the water. Remembering the first time I swam in the water like this.

Even though we were underwater I swear I could hear her laughing. I feel a tap and rush to the surface. Tuk just sighs and breathes heavily. She just rests herself on my back. Her legs wrapped around my waist. I waded in the water while she rested.

Neteyam and Lo'ak resurfaced a couple of minutes later. "Is she ok?" Lo'ak asks me. "I think she's just tired." I hope she's just tired. With me saying that she stirs. She slides off my back and swims towards her brothers. "It was amazing. I love swimming!" She squealed. I smiled as the brothers looked at me.

Tsireya, Aonung, and Roxto swim over. "How are they doing?" Tsireya asks. "Good for beginners." I say with a laugh. I look over to the siblings. I give them a little nod and the swim over towards us. Tuk quickly crawls onto my back. "Can we swim again?" She asks enthusiastically. "Of course." I look at the brothers. "You can come too." I say while holding out my hand.

They both look at my hand then at each other. Tuk crawls over my shoulder and takes my hand before the brothers can. "C'mon let's goo." Tuk says in her whiny child's voice. I laugh, "ok, ok." I say. I look at the brothers. "Just let me know." I say before I dove under water.

I swirl around and swim by sea life. Tuk reaches her hand out and touches the little fishes and coral. I feel a tap and swim to the surface. She stayed under water longer than before."You're so amazing!" Tuk says while hugging my back. "Oh why thank you!" I say as I swim back towards the brothers.

Tsireya swims up to me as well. "The chief would like to see you. So you can help with training the parents." She says kindly. "Aonung and I will teach the kids how to swim with the ilus." Tsireya says. I hand Tuk back to the brothers. "I am needed elsewhere for right now, I'll see you later ok?"

"Yeah." Lo'ak says back. Neteyam just stares at me. I wave before I dive down and swim away.

As I swim I see Kiri. She looks so natural underwater. I swim up to her. She looks at me with a bright smile. I return the smile. Giving an "okay" sign. She nods and I place my hand on her shoulder. I move my hand around in a little wave and the little fishes glow and follow my hand.

Even underwater I swear I could hear her laugh. She follows my actions and the fish follows her. Kiri adapted to the ocean beautifully. I grab my queue and attach it to the coral. The coral begins to glow and reaches out to Kiri. She touches it with a smile.

Kiri was truly beautiful. I was in awe of her.

The sea life was drawn to Kiri. She didn't even have to try with them. All Kiri did was kneel in the ground and many marine creatures just swam up to her. Kiri didn't even have to try with her ilu. The ilu just swam up to her, and nuzzled against Kiri's cheek.

Kiri looked at me with questioning eyes. I nod and she connects her queue to the ilu. She rides off. If I wouldn't have known I would have thought she's been with her ilu for years.

I waved goodbye. She waves back and I swim away to meet the chief.

——
chapter 2 is .... umm.... smth....