Chapter 7

I was looking for Kiri. I wanted to go back to the crystal cave with her. I see her in the water. She was laying on her stomach her face in the water looking at the sand. I was about to walk over when Aonung and his gang walked up to her.

"Look at her! She's not even doing anything, just looking at the sand." Aonung taunts. Kiri bobs her head out of the water. "What?" She asks in a confused matter. "Are you... a freak? Aonung asks in his taunting voice. "No." She answers annoyingly while walking away. "Are you sure? I mean you're not even real Na'vi." Aonung says, circling her. "I mean look at these hands." He tries to grab them but she pulls away. "I mean- Aonung grabs her hand.

"Oh Aonung. The whole bullying thing? Really? Do you know how pathetic that is?" I say while walking over to the group. "I mean c'mon! You've been doing this forever and at this point it's just embarrassing." I walked over and hit his hand from Kiri's. "Oh yeah? Well last time I checked you don't even belong here!" He says with a laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. I've heard that about a 1000 times from you before." I roll my eyes. "If you're gonna be annoying at least get some new material." I gently place my hand on Kiri's back to lead her away. Aonung grabbed my tail. I start to turn around and he yanks my tail. "I mean you don't even fit in with anyone here. You're not one of us. You're not one of them. You're no one." Aonung says.

It hurt when he said that. I felt as if my heart was stung. "I mean your arms are just as weird as her hands!" Aonung grabs my forearm. I try to pull away but his grip tightens. "Hey back off fish lips." I look over to the source of the voice. Lo'ak.

Aonung drops my hand. "Oh, another 4 fingered freak." He teases. Lo'ak puts his hand on Aonung's chest to push him away. Kiri grabs my forearms and pulls me back next to her. "Look at this baby tail!" Another boy says while grabbing Lo'ak's tail.

Lo'ak whips around and pushes the boy off of him. "Baby tail." Another boy teases. "Leave us alone." Kiri demands. "Stop!" I shout to deaf ears. Lo'ak pushes more boys off as the try to grab him. Neteyam walks over to us. "Baby tail. It's so cute." Another boy sings.

Neteyam walks over and pushes Aonung off of Lo'ak. "You heard what she said. Leave them alone." He threatens while pointing a finger to Aonung's chest. "Oh, big brother come-" A follower says. Aonung cuts the boy off. "Back off now." Neteyam threatens.

Aonung backs up and puts his hands up in a surrender. "Smart choice." Neteyam says. "And from now on, I need you to respect my people." He continues. A boy hisses in response but Aonung nudges him to stop. "People? You mean this freak?" A boy teases and points to me.

"Let's go." Neteyam says. I stay stuck in the sand. My legs are not moving. Kiri puts her hand on my low back. I look at her and she gives me a sad smile. It was meat to be reassuring, and it was. Just nothing in that moment could make me feel reassured.

Kiri looks and sticks her tongue out at the boys and I have to hold back a laugh. Kiri always knew how to make me smile. We turn around to walk away. Kiri's hand is still on my back. "Bye, bye. Look at it. They're all freaks, all family. I mean at least they have a family. Unlike Tatu. Not even Eywa wants her." Aonung says as we walk away.

I abruptly stop walking. Lo'ak stops walking and looks back at the boys. I start playing with my hands for comfort. Neteyam notices Lo'ak's sudden stop. He's about to say something before Lo'ak cuts him off.

"Look I got this bro." Lo'ak says while walking back to Aonung. Oh fuck this. "I know this hand is funny." Lo'ak says while showing his extra finger. "Look I'm a freak alien. But you can do something really cool. Watch" Lo'ak says. Aonung watches intently.

"First you bunch it up, real tight like this." Lo'ak makes a fist with his hand. Oh god I know where this is going. "Okay, then-" He punches Aonung right in the face. I have to hold back another laugh. He gets a few more punches in. "Call that a punch, bitch. Never touch my family again!" He says.

With that Aonung jumps up and rushes Lo'ak. Lo'ak holds his own for a while. But it's four on one so the odds weren't in his favor. One of the boys grabbed Lo'ak's tail while another slapped him in the face with his tail fin. It wasn't funny but I almost laughed.

Neteyam sighs clearly thinking about his options. He makes up his mind and he joins the fight. Punching a boy in the face. "Stop it!" Kiri yells. I had to make this a fair fight, didn't it? "Oh god, Kiri. I'm gonna regret this." I sigh before joining in the fight. "So stupid!" Kiri says, visibly frustrated. I hold my own pretty well. I grab Aonung by the shoulders and knee him in the stomach.

He winced and then threw a punch. I dodge his punch. Throwing a punch at his stomach. He grabs my hand and twists it. Another boy comes over and tugs as hard as he can on my tail. "Oh fuck." I mutter to myself. "Right now! Let's go." A boy screams. I hear laughing and I look up and see Kiri. Covering her face trying to stop her laughter. I make direct eye contact with her and start to laugh.

"This is so dumb." I say as I'm on the ground laughing. I feel someone grab the tendrils at the end of my queue. I gasp and go limp. The person realizes what they did because they dropped it almost as soon as they pulled it. Who knew a little miss grab of the tendril instead of the queue would be this painful?

I gasped and struggled to breath. It felt as if my body was shutting down. I hear someone yell. It wasn't a kid. It was an adult. I'm on my back seizing. I feel a hand go on my cheek. I look and see Kiri. She says something but I can't hear it. She yells to someone behind me.

I feel someone pick me up and carry me from the fight. I look up and see Jake's face. I look over and see the two Sully brother's looking at me with a scared face. I claw at my neck and eyes. I felt my body about to explode. My eyes were about to pop. My voice came out as gross sobs and gasps. I couldn't stop shaking.

Jake softly holds my hands in his one big hand. Stopping me from hurting myself. I see Neteyam stand up and rush over. Kiri right behind him. Before I know what happens my roll back in my head.

—-
excited for this chapter also main character syndrome right here 🤭 ngl